• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Urgent! Adult volunteers of all roles required in Addiscombe, Croydon!

Hi, I know I am preaching to the converted but unit leaders, unit helpers, occasional helper and persons for helping with a unit meeting activity, fundraising, admin paperwork, unit archive etc. needed. Flexible levels of commitment from hours to weekly to years appreciated. For further information and chat please contact me at guides.4thaddiscombe@hotmail.co.uk

ker-stee

SGP Enthusiast
GuiderPlus
What have you already done to advertise this in your local area? I'm not too sure if somewhere like this is the best place cause a lot of us are always busy!

Have you put good quality leaflet up in:

Shops
Libraries
Cafes
Town Halls
Village Halls/Community Centres
Supermarkets (Some often have community boards)
Taxi Offices
Take Aways
Doctors
Hospitals
Dentists
Sports Centres

Basically, anywhere that people might stand and look at something on the wall while they're waiting!

Remember to sell it in a 'This is what you can get out of it' and list the skills people may get, friendship, items to put on job applications or CVs etc.

Please don't use the 'I need help or this unit will close' because a new volunteer who knows nothing about Guiding is hardly going to just join a unit and feel she's just got to take over with no help and no experience!

MandyLaLa

(Newbie)
GuiderPlus
What have you already done to advertise this in your local area? I'm not too sure if somewhere like this is the best place cause a lot of us are always busy!

Have you put good quality leaflet up in:

Shops
Libraries
Cafes
Town Halls
Village Halls/Community Centres
Supermarkets (Some often have community boards)
Taxi Offices
Take Aways
Doctors
Hospitals
Dentists
Sports Centres

Basically, anywhere that people might stand and look at something on the wall while they're waiting!

Remember to sell it in a 'This is what you can get out of it' and list the skills people may get, friendship, items to put on job applications or CVs etc.

Please don't use the 'I need help or this unit will close' because a new volunteer who knows nothing about Guiding is hardly going to just join a unit and feel she's just got to take over with no help and no experience!
By Any chance at all do you have an example of somthing that you have done in the past please?

Sunny2nd

Guide and Ranger Leader
GuiderPlus
You can get free resources for advertising from HQ - you'll need to login to the Online GG shop and then search for "volunteer" there are various free postcards and posters.