• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Any Canadian guiders out there?

ice

Veteran (100+ posts)
Hello

Im looking for some canadian guiders, I'm trying to finish my Commonwealth Award and with family ties to Canada and with penpals with a Beaver colony at uni I thought itd be a ideal country to carry out my research and to correspond with someone

So i'm looking for willing volenteers to write to maybe explain what your "brownies" 7-10yr olds do, and possibly what SS, 14-26 do as these are teh sections Im involved in the UK.

I know family on my dads side live in Brampton and strangely thats near to where my Beaver freinds live too.

the clause in Commonwealth I neeed help with is :

correspond with someone, prepare a typical meal, produce a scrapbook, learn a craft or make a collection of stamps.

So ideally Id make a scrapbook of guiding ideas games etc, alongside my scout side too....

Anyone want to help???

rugbynutter

Rainbow Guider & Ranger
GuiderPlus
I can try & put you in touch with someone I know was in Guides & Pathfinders (young SS). I'm not sure if she's still involved now but I'll ask. She hosted our Rainbow mascot when we sent her travelling!

dragonlady

Beginner (10+ posts)
I am a Canadian Guider. Our Brownies are from 7-8 years old here and Guides are 9-11. I'm a Guide guider and would be happy to fill you in on what some of our girls do. PM me if you are still looking for information.

Hi!
I'm a Canadian Guider that works with Pathfinders (12-14 year olds) and have worked with Rangers (14-18 year olds). Just PM me with what you are still looking for and I'll do my best to help!

Carrie

Squirrelsdrey

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Hi, I'm trying to find out for a fellow Guider who is coming to Ontario at the end of next week, where there might be a Guide Shop she can visit. Can anyone help please?

Spooky

Regular (50+ posts)
where in Ontario is she going .... National Headquarters is Toronto for Guides canada, but I've stayed at the flat above the Ottawa Area office which also had a shop (but not 100% sure that's still going since the Ontario 'transformation' ... they are all community numbers rather than having location names which doesn't help!).

Caz

Storm Owl

Guider - Girl Guides of Canada
I suspect all the shops have been closed now due to the online store opening... At the very least in Alberta and British Columbia there aren't any.

P.S. I'm a Canadian Guider as well!

Squirrelsdrey

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
I suspect all the shops have been closed now due to the online store opening... At the very least in Alberta and British Columbia there aren't any.

P.S. I'm a Canadian Guider as well!
thank you for this info. That's a real shame as she was hoping to be able to buy some badges for the badge freaks in the county!!!!