• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Question? Anyone heard anything about Magic and Mayhem at Foxlease yet?

syfyowl

Beginner (10+ posts)
I thought it would be easier to offer Magic and Mayhem to the Brownies this year rather than start working on my own licence (20 years’ experience of Brownie Holidays but our old GIC was the licence holder).

However…. Just over a month to go and we’ve not had any info/forms/whatever. Foxlease say they are waiting on CHQ. I want to hold a parent’s meeting but there’s nothing more I can tell them that they don’t already know.

Has anyone else heard anything more? I thought this would be a less stressful option – now I’m not so sure.

browniebeth

Brownie Leader
Staff member
GuiderPlus
We finally had info about volunteering cone through last night, it said participants would get info next week. :)

syfyowl

Beginner (10+ posts)
Thank you for letting me know this. I've been getting quite worried about the lack of communication from Girlguiding. This hasn't put me off taking the girls away but I will have to think twice about this kind of residential again.

Fox

Brownie-induced madness
I took my girls on a no-licence holiday at Waddow (Fun in the Sun in 2011) and they didn't really keep me informed very well either. I only found out shortly before the end of term, and only by nagging, that I needed to produce my own Health forms and take my own first aid kit (this was before standardised Info/Consent forms and I'd already produced those). As the event was advertised as for Brownies and Guides with or without their leaders I wasn't quite sure how girls going without a leader would have known what to do.

browniebeth

Brownie Leader
Staff member
GuiderPlus
In fairness to Waddow/ Foxlease staff, this event appears to be being organised centrally by chq, I'm not convinced that they know any more than we do! Fingers crossed it comes through for you soon. I was also getting a bit concerned, having heard that they wanted me to volunteer at wellies and wristbands at the end of August, but nothing at all about this event in June,despite sending 2 emails, but it's starting to trickle out now.

There is some very basic info on the faqs of the site, about kit and meals and arrival times, if memory serves....so that might give you a start on preparing for a parents meeting.

emmaluvseeyore

Brownie Leader and Ranger Assistant
Having had similar issues with one of the World Centres events for the BBB last year, I think CHQ need to sort themselves out with these centrally organised events. We have been to events run by Foxlease themselves many times and absolutely loved it, but the CHQ run one there was rubbish. Had issues with dietary requirements not being passed down from CHQ, which then meant we had to go into the village to buy food for the girls. Information came really late etc etc.

Starfish

Regular (50+ posts)
Can anyone enlighten me on the volunteering info? All I know is that I can arrive from 7pm tomorrow and I'm allowed to drive, this from chq, not had any info from Foxlease...

snowy91

Fully warranted Brownie Guider
Can anyone enlighten me on the volunteering info? All I know is that I can arrive from 7pm tomorrow and I'm allowed to drive, this from chq, not had any info from Foxlease...
They sent a new email yesterday, pm me your email address and I will fwd it!
Just do you know it contradicts most the info from chq!

bess342

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
From previous events I'd suggest doing info/consent form & health form yourself and bringing own first aid kit. Also remember to send form to commissioner about event.