• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Information: Badge Buying Websites

Pigeon_Owl

Veteran (100+ posts)
We all know eBay and the GGUK online shop but where else would you guys recommend buying badges from

dybdybdyb.net - I came across this site via one of their eBay listenings The site owner is a member on the forum, but I cant remember her username! Theyre very friendly, reply to your enquires very quickly and are very very helpful! Ive ordered badges from them twice and both times theyve been wonderful! The gallery requires a password which can be found on the home page, its "heather"

--

www.nelb.org.uk - I found this site via 1st Facebook Guide Company, Im currently ordering some badges from the lady who runs the site and shes been very helpful by looking through stock for badges listed as out of stock and sent me scans of the ones shes found so I can double check they are the ones I want.

Mrs Manning (Site Owner) - I sell lots of current badges to guiders (you have to scan your warrant or appointment card to get those – then send me the scan), and I have old out of date guiding badges (and some scout badges) I sell to anybody in the world. I have posted out to Belgium, Hong Kong, USA, Canada and Tahiti
--

www.girlguiding-anglia.org.uk - Ive never ordered from Anglia, but they sell the "Happiness is being a" range of badges that seem to go on eBay for silly prices for 70p a badge inc p&p

--

www.johnrhoggarth.co.uk - Again, Ive never ordered from Mr Hoggarth, but others on the site speak very highly of him, hes got a great collection of older pin badges and older cloth badges so could be useful for replacing ones youve lost John Hoggarth also sells old Guiding books for a good price

Tigger 9th Wrexham - I've ordered from John Hoggarth and was very impressed! kept upto date on how order was progressing and had Pin badge within a day or so of payment.

Jellycan - I have ordered a number of things from Mr Hoggarth and do recommend him. Things arrived very quickly after payment.

Gemsa - I just received a brilliant order from johnrhoggarth - he emails you very clearly and posts to you speedily - and then apologises for taking a long time!! Overall purchasing probably took 5 days from beginning to end! Items are very much as described, and a good selection!

KatieW - I've not ordered stuff for a while but he's quick to post and keep updated.
--

www.scoutbadges.ca - This is a Canadian site I found recently while googling, Ive just made my first swap with the site owner and hes been very lovely, friendly and informative! He has some great badges of offer and he likes to swap for scouting badges, preferably county or districts ones

--

Does anyone have any others they would recommend:)

--

www.1stCoaleyGuides.btik.com - This site is run a by Bagpuss from the forum "We have lots for sale on our Guides' website at the moment. Current fund raising for our Summer Camp. We have many Guide & Brownie obsolete badges plus lots of beautiful American badges."

Gingerbread Girl - I've just received a whole bundle of badges from 1st Coaley Guides this morning (Tuesday)! I only placed the order on Friday! Bagpuss was super speedy to get them out to me and they were extremely well packaged!

Smudge - Seconded - have made several orders from bagpuss and they are always quick to arrive!

Charmedone100 - i third smudge and gingerbread girl about bagpuss and her service

Pinkladybird - I also received some super-speedy badges from Bagpuss today. And they were all perfect, too, no tatty ones amongst them (which I wouldn't have minded at all, by the way - I may have been able to pass them off as my originals if they were!)
--

www.warton.idps.co.uk - Recommended by charmedone100 "this guy is the best in selling badges and has a great website but is missing sum stuff, easy 2 pay and the money he makes he gives to his or his wife's brownies and guide groups"

Last edited:

bagpuss

Dursley District Guider & Commissioner
GuiderPlus
We have lots for sale on our Guides' website at the moment. Current fundraising for our Summer Camp. We have many Guide & Brownie obsolete badges plus lots of beautiful American badges. Take a look at 1st Coaley Guides | Home Page

manateelover90

Brownie & Ranger leader and Ranger =D
GuiderPlus
dybdybdyb.net - I came across this site via one of their eBay listenings The site owner is a member on the forum, but I cant remember her username! Theyre very friendly, reply to your enquires very quickly and are very very helpful! Ive ordered badges from them twice and both times theyve been wonderful!

i cant get the pictures up it says it needs a password:(

floss

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
johnhoggarth is great for books at decent prices, I've bought quite a few old Guide handbooks, history type books and old Guide fiction from him
(I collect books rather than badges.......)

charmedone100

rainbow gic and guide al
this guy is the best in selling badges and has a great website but is missing sum stuff

index1

easy 2 pay and the money he makes he gives to his or his wife's brownies and guide groups

charmedone100

rainbow gic and guide al
i know but if u email the guy for something that is maybe he not got he might have it cause i asked for a few things to see if he had it and a few he did

Tigger 9th Wrexham

Beginner (10+ posts)
Buying Badges

[
www.johnrhoggarth.co.uk - Again, Ive never ordered from Mr Hoggarth, but others on the site speak very highly of him, hes got a great collection of older pin badges and older cloth badges so could be useful for replacing ones youve lost John Hoggarth also sells old Guiding books for a good price

[
I've ordered from John Hoggarth and was very impressed! kept upto date on how order was progressing and had Pin badge within a day or so of payment.

jellycan

Rainbow Leader
[
I have ordered a number of things from Mr Hoggarth and do recommend him.
Things arrived very quickly after payment.

Pigeon_Owl

Veteran (100+ posts)
I found a new site

www.scoutbadges.ca - This is a Canadian site I found recently while googling, Ive just made my first swap with the site owner and hes been very lovely, friendly and informative! He has some great badges of offer and he likes to swap for scouting badges, preferably county or districts ones

also orignal post has been updated

bagpuss

Dursley District Guider & Commissioner
GuiderPlus
Thanks for your comment GingerbreadGirl.
I think this is a great resource so well done to PigeonOwl for coming up with the thread and updating it. I'm always on the lookout for badges of one sort or another for my blanket so it's great to have all the links in one place. Thank you:D

Pigeon_Owl

Veteran (100+ posts)
Thanks for your comment GingerbreadGirl.
I think this is a great resource so well done to PigeonOwl for coming up with the thread and updating it. I'm always on the lookout for badges of one sort or another for my blanket so it's great to have all the links in one place. Thank you:D
Thanks Bagsy :) Im always googling different phrases tryna unearth these sites, I assumed I wasnt the only one so thought Id share and hope others did too :)

Hoping more people will add to this as time goes on!

Also, updated to add in gingerbread girl and smudges reviews!

If anyone uses any of the sites I or others suggest, please review to help others :)

Smudge

The Doctor (5000+ posts)
Pig. I have to say that I really like how you always update your original post to include anything that people suggest so that it is easy to access for people! Well done!