• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

BGIFC Foxlease Camp 2011

yorkie67

Div CA, GIC G, GIC R
GuiderPlus
I normally get invited but I can't go because it's normally during on the last week of our school and we're not on our holidays!!! I've been asked few times!!! :(

Juliee

Veteran (100+ posts)
hi FionainKL,
I'm going with 1 Guide and 1 Brownie - this is my first time, so I'm not sure what to expect. Fun, I hope!
Are you staying in the house/leaders camp or helping at one the girls camps?

FionainKL

Happily Guiding with BGIFC
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Hi Julie!

I'm in the house.
It's my first time at Foxlease but I went to Waddow last year, so hoping to see some familiar faces as well as meeting some new ones.

my brownie dd is really, really excited, but my Guide dd is a bit worried she will be on her own and not get on with the other Guides (she is the only guide going from KL)

yorkie67

Div CA, GIC G, GIC R
GuiderPlus
Oh I can guarantee you'll have fun, I never got the chance to part-take in it when I lived in Belgium!!!! But as soon as I moved back to UK I got invited but couldn't!!!

lynneviews

Beginner (10+ posts)
Don' worry Fiona tell your Guide that I have plenty of Guides there who will look after her. And I dont think they bite! She will have a ball. I have Guides going and 3 Brownies. Plus other guiders in thehouse. The numbers booked are very healthy. It should be a great time.. pray for the weather!

carrottop

Brownies, Guides & Girl Scouts
I really wanted to go, but its during our last week of term and as a teacher I cant get a week of school! if only it was a week later. I think a couple of my guides are planning on going though!

exile

Veteran (100+ posts)
Until we know about when we have to move I can't book.... but we would like to be one Guider, one brownie one guide. It IS the last 3 days of primary school for dd1 though....

Girls went as Brownies 2 years ago, dd2 as the youngest (6 weeks after 7th B.day) and had a BLAST!

casoline

Guide and SS Guider
GuiderPlus
I am going - will be on a campsite though not in the house. I think I have around 5 SS and 4 Guides going. There maybe Brownies and more Guides from other Dubai districts. There are certainly a few more Guiders.

exile

Veteran (100+ posts)
I'm coming!

one guider (camp I hope), one Guide and one Brownie.

I have to do forms and deposit. *oops* but have booked flights.

exile

Veteran (100+ posts)
Anyone else?

It looks as if I'm going to be mostly helping in a Brownie House - Fiona, Julie and Casoline you'll have to come and visit!!!!!!

at least... I think I'm staying in a Brownie House!

Juliee

Veteran (100+ posts)
hi exile,
My daughter will be in a Brownie House too - perhaps you'll meet her.
Her name is Dani - and she's a bit mischievous :)

Do we actually get any more information before we arrive?
Or is it all just handled when we get to Foxlease?

FionainKL

Happily Guiding with BGIFC
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I've got three Brownies in the Brownie house, one is my dd and two coming on their own, they're all nearly 10 and will be in my Guides in Sept. I don't know one that well as she is not in my Brownies, but dd and the other one are both loud as well, so good luck there!

Anyone know of any Guides coming. My dd2 (nearly 13) will be on her own from KL, and a bit nervous.

exile

Veteran (100+ posts)
My eldest is camping as a Guide, all alone from Italy........... (she's 11 and a halfish)

I think and hope there are at least 2 brownie houses otherwise I'm with dd2 (9) as well. waiting on an email...

we got more info or at least a bit more info before HOPE09. but otherwise it all sort of works out when *we* arrive.

casoline

Guide and SS Guider
GuiderPlus
I believe there are 3 brownie houses. As regards the Guides there are usually several that come on their own. I think we have 4 or 5 guides going (and not all from the same pack) and a similar number from SS.
I find the good thing about BGIFC camp when they get together is that they all have 'Guiding in different country' in common and they are all generally very open to making new friendships easily as they often move around alot and are used to doing so. I was on a guide camp last time and we had no issues with girls not getting along or being homesick etc.

Juliee

Veteran (100+ posts)
My oldest dd is also a Guide (12) and will be on her own at camp. She's also a bit nervous, but I've told her most of the girls will probably be on their own so it should be easy to make new friends.

She loves to sing - and is hoping there will be some camp-fires?!