• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

BGIFC Foxlease Camp 2011

exile

Veteran (100+ posts)
well for the first one I never made it up to the fire, just arrived in that marquee.

Casoline... do you still have the camel badges (was that your district?) cos I have a nice swap. fionainKL I have your badge here...(the swap for yours) and will ask for info on good places to get silk from when I see you

Also, dd1 (veteran of Brownie house 2 years ago) is really chilled about the camp and making lots of new friends and is happy to email nervous campers - PM me first and I'll put you in contact....!

casoline

Guide and SS Guider
GuiderPlus
Hmm not sure which one you mean but I have our district badge which has the Burj Al Arab, a camel and a palm tree on! Anyway will bring badges to camp for swaps. We will have to hunt each other out I am on the Guide camp on Henry Knight site. I would like a KL one too Fiona so bring some swaps!

exile

Veteran (100+ posts)
I'm excited because this is the only thing in the next 2 months that is sort of working.

I only have a month to make my blankey look ok though................. :D

FionainKL

Happily Guiding with BGIFC
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I've just paid my Balance for Sail 11, so I'm already to go and looking forward to it now.

One of my Brownies has had to pull out, so now have three brownies coming from KL.

Don't have a camp blanket, all my badges are on the bag I cart back and forth to Guides every week- no real call for camp blankets out here, might feel out of place at Foxlease though!

casoline

Guide and SS Guider
GuiderPlus
mmm not sure if I will have room for my blanket. Or rather room to bring it back after being in the Uk all summer and shopping!

FionainKL

Happily Guiding with BGIFC
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I've def not got room for a blanket or three on the way back. I could leave a blanket in the uk for Foxlease style occasions, but I'd rather keep my badges on show on my guides bag that goes with me every week. Will probably feel jealous of theblankets when I see them though.

Juliee

Veteran (100+ posts)
I'd like to bring my blanket if I can squeeze it in (EasyJet flight!)
As we're spending another week visiting family and friends in UK afterwards, like Casoline I might not have room to take it back afterwards!

I'm looking forward to hopefully meeting you at Foxlease.
Does everyone get together for campfires or anything else?

exile

Veteran (100+ posts)
well, eldest now has her blanket finished enough.... enough that she can wear it and most of the badges have 2 lines of stitching on.

Mine is half sorted the way I want it to be, lined and getting there with badges.

youngest has to arrange things. If she can get a wiggle on then I'll machine sew in big swoops this week.

our blankets will then stay in the UK to be collected in September............ we are esay jet too and camping for three days after with my parents so we have to be a little savvy with packing.

casoline

Guide and SS Guider
GuiderPlus
Julie there is a night where there is a campfire for all at Foxlease and also there is a BBQ/disco night where the Leaders in the house cook a BBQ for all guiders and girls in the campsites/brownie houses etc and the girls also have a disco on this night altogether.

Juliee

Veteran (100+ posts)
exile - sorry, you've lost me.
Can you please explain the hurrrrrricane?

Can't wait to make lots of new friends at Foxlease - hopefully I'll meet both you and casoline.

lynneviews

Beginner (10+ posts)
All the camps are being named after world winds Sirocco, Hurricane, Typhoon, Diablos, Mistral etc. Its supposed to reflect the sail'11 theme. Sailing, seas, winds... It was difficult to find a good theme but I don't think this one is bad. I'm catering on Diablos which is the senior section camp and looking forward to meeting you all!

casoline

Guide and SS Guider
GuiderPlus
Guide123 - its just for BGIFC.
FionainKL - the girls won't be told til they get there which camp they are on - although there is only one SS camp.
Nicola said your eldest was asking about other SS girls - my daughter is going and will be the eldest on the camp she is 19. How old is your daughter? Email me if you want me to pass on her facebook/email for contact in advance - am sure she would be happy to answer questions as she has been to the Foxlease camp several times.