• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Question? Bradford - SSAGO or Guide unit

roving_guider

Veteran (100+ posts)
Hi, can anyone tell me if there's SSAGO or equivalent at Bradford Uni?

One of my leaders (having had her since a Guide age 12 when I joined the unit through BP and YL) will be leaving me *sniff* to depart to uni and I think it'd be a great time for her to have some peer time rather than continue with unit work.

Saying that she's a fab guider, has completed her LQ (inc section 4) and but with everything new for uni prob wouldnt be looking at running a unit but if no SSAGO would probably happily do unit instead so if anyone's in need or can let me have local contact details that'd be great too.

growlywench

Veteran (100+ posts)
There isn't a SSAGO at Bradford (or wasn't when I was there), but I hear the Leeds one is quite friendly. I don't think my contacts in Bfd are still valid (I ran a Rainbow unit while I was there), but I'm sure someone will be able to help :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Figgy

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
There isn't a ssago, but there are units near to the uni. I went there in 1993 and have been with my unit ever since. WYN county usually have a stand at Freshers and volunteers fair too.
If you want to pm me I can let you have county comm or division comm number. I run a friendly SS not far from the uni too.

roving_guider

Veteran (100+ posts)
There isn't a ssago, but there are units near to the uni. I went there in 1993 and have been with my unit ever since. WYN county usually have a stand at Freshers and volunteers fair too.
If you want to pm me I can let you have county comm or division comm number. I run a friendly SS not far from the uni too.
Hi Figgy - how old are the girls in your SS unit? Would it be suitable for an 18 year old to come along or is the average age probably too young?

roving_guider

Veteran (100+ posts)
Did she find somewhere? LUUSAG would love to welcome her or she could be an indie member? http://www.leedsuniversityunion.org.uk/clubsandsocieties/outdoor/scoutandguide/
I so hope she did find a unit as I have not heard of anyone having much success over there.
She's found a unit which she seems to be getting on well with :) She's reliant on one of the other leaders to give her a lift as it's on the outskirts of town but that was their suggestion so seems all good. I'm still encouraging her to find some peer Guiding if she can so will encourage her your way alpha but think the first term has been a bit manic for her