• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Brownie moving to Dubai

Snowy Pink Owl

The Doctor (5000+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Hi all, I have a brownie moving to Dubai, thought it was in the summer but she bounced into our meeting last night announcing it was in 5 weeks and 3 days. Can anyone tell me whether there are brownies and whether there is someone to contact? This little brownie is a great brownie, if a little noisy at times so I thought I would try and find out for her to keep her involved :) Any help will be appreciated

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
Casoline is the person from Dubai on here, and there is also someone else who doesn't post often - quite near the top on the member's list I think.

They have very active Guiding out there as there are a lot of British people there, and have several districts. I think most are in the Jumeirah area, as that's where most ex-pats are

Snowy Pink Owl

The Doctor (5000+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Thank you very much for everyones help. Going to try and find out more about where she will be living and might give Casoline a nudge :)

casoline

Guide and SS Guider
GuiderPlus
I am here! We have lots of brownies - if she knows what school she will go to and/or what area she will be living in I can point you to the correct person. We have 4 districts here in Dubai.

Snowy Pink Owl

The Doctor (5000+ posts)
GuiderPlus
I am here! We have lots of brownies - if she knows what school she will go to and/or what area she will be living in I can point you to the correct person. We have 4 districts here in Dubai.
We are not on this week because of half term but next week I will try and catch her mum and ask what school she is going to, etc. and give you a nudge if that's ok? :)

hey casoline,

I urgently need a generic contact for guides in dubai, one of mine is moving out there but not sure where she is living yet as it is through parents work and they are arranging everything.

please let me know asap , many thanks