• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Camp Out! - 24th-26th June 2011 At Ripton Lodge (Huntingdon, Cambs)

woodyowl

Forum Mod, Guide GIC, Rainbow GIC,
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Anyone fancy meeting up for a G2G to link in with this?

Should be a great weekend

"For Girlguiding UK members aged 18+ to inspire, inform and empower.

Bring food*, bring a tent - we’ll provide the activities.

Take part in workshops on the Millennium Development Goals, hear what inspires other women, or try your hand at some camping skills. If they don’t take your fancy you can run a session on whatever you like - we'll supply the resources!

Send £5 deposit – pay the rest at camp, pay what you can afford, and pay what you think the camp was worth.

Email pippa@myriadit.net for a booking form.

*A BBQ will be provided as part of the party on Saturday night."

could camp together as a group.

Smartie

Mod and wearer of many hats!!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
The paying what you can afford/what you think the camp was worth idea is interesting! Imagine it is a nightmare to budget though!

woodyowl

Staff member
GuiderPlus
I cant wait !!

i did think the same smartie, im currently budgeting for Minivate and thats a nightmere on its own

Smartie

Mod and wearer of many hats!!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I cant wait !!

i did think the same smartie, im currently budgeting for Minivate and thats a nightmere on its own
It'd be interesting to see how much the average people pay after is etc., partly just out of my own nosiness!

Lette

Guide Guider & Senior Section Member
I want to go as I really want to support Pippa in this project, but I'll have to see closer to the time how exams and things are looking.

woodyowl

Staff member
GuiderPlus
Sounds like a wonderful idea - and so nice that it is an 18+ event, will put it to my older Rangers at the weekend.
yep:) weve all been asking for something for adults to do for long enough which was a) affordable and b) fun.
looks like both boxes ticked here

sliceofrice

Veteran (100+ posts)
It was in the e-newsletters so I suspect it will be filled spoonly.
I've got plans to go to a ball on the 22nd so don't think I'll be there.

crazycrayon

Veteran (100+ posts)
I put myself down as going on facebook ages ago but then never did anything about it! Have just emailed Pippa though, so hopefully I'll be able to nab a space before it's full!

woodyowl

Staff member
GuiderPlus
Ace itll be great to get a mini g2g there, Ill be there on first aid. Cant wait

crazycrayon

Veteran (100+ posts)
Does anyone know what the nearest train station is? Trying to work out getting there atm, and coming by car means the OH driving as I can't.

woodyowl

Staff member
GuiderPlus
We've been offered a chance to do an activity/workshop/session etc on promoting guiders.co.uk during Camp Out.

This would be a fab chance to get new members and for a G2G.

Whos coming? and what can we do?

crazycrayon

Veteran (100+ posts)
You already know I am, lol.

What about bringing some samples of the activities people have posted on here, such as the jelly baby evening? We could also get people to talk about hypothetical problems within their units, get the others to give advice, and then highlight to them that the forum provides this kind of 'sounding board' for stuff at a click of a button.

woodyowl

Staff member
GuiderPlus
like it did think about getting posters up about the badges weve had for fundraising i.e the Japan badge too that may go down well.