• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Question? Campfire Event

B

bekky

I recently went to my first SSAGO meeting! I have not got involved before as they are based at main campus, but decided to have another look into this term, just in time for their pub meet at my campus!

Anyway, me and my scout friend went, and we all thought it would be nice to run an event down here as they already run events for the guides and scouts in durham - we are cleveland in county terms, so thought a campfire would be good.

However bit stuck for how to run it! Ringing the council in the morning to find a suitbale place - there are no scout camps and all the campsites are caravan sites. But what would you like to be at an event like this? We were planning on inviting all local scouts/cubs/beavers as well as guides/brownies/rainbows.

Obviously a campfire, and songs! Thought about maybe getting each pack/colony to produce a 2 minute sketch/song to perform. But what else would be good?
Hoping to organise for next term, over a weekend, sunday most likely, so we have enough time to build a fire!

ice

Veteran (100+ posts)
sounds great - seee if a scout hut has space - i know the one my ssago unit use has a campfire circle at there hut, might not be room for everyone though

entropy

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
ooh its youuu, check out my DUSAGG weemee =D

we can help you out with this, I'm sure loads of us will come along and help you as well!

EagleBob

Beginner (10+ posts)
Heyyyy! Sounds epic, of course we'll all get involved :D Hope you enjoyed your time with us, even if it has been sort so far, we'll pop over to Stockon next term sometime I'm sure :D

Bob x

B

bekky

Heyyyy! Sounds epic, of course we'll all get involved :D Hope you enjoyed your time with us, even if it has been sort so far, we'll pop over to Stockon next term sometime I'm sure :D

Bob x
Hello Bob and Katie :)

I am waiting for contat details of a suitable place, we have a division meeting on thursday so going to chase people up and also mention it. Also taking a form to get which units want a student leader for October :)
xx