• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Chords for 'Twas on a summers evening' and other songs

GuidingKB

Brownie Guider
Hello everyone.
I have a ukelele and I'd like to be able to play some campfire songs on it. Does anyone have any links to sites where I can get the chords?
I like the sedate songs, like twas on a summers evening, land of the silver birch and barges.
If they are simple cords that would be even better!

Cazbly

Darth Vader (12,500+ posts)
Does Uke use the same chords as a guitar?

If so, they appear in the books I have and I could photograph some of the pages ... unless you want to buy a few :)

RainbowC

Brownie Leader
The fingerings are obviously different, but chord names are the same :) (Mr Rainbow's Christmas present wasn't only fun for him. Now I want a uke too!)

Cazbly

Thanks RainbowC - I suspected that, but do also know if they use different signature keys etc, you can get variances.

*wanders off wondering if a uke is now required in the arsenal of instruments*

GuidingKB

Brownie Guider
Cazbly - if you could take a couple of photos that would be great! (At the moment I am trying to avoid buying anything...)
I like my uke - it's small and easily portable.

Cazbly

Will dig books and camera out tomorrow and do you a few - if you can message me with your email address that would be good as I think it will be easier to forward them to you that way.