• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

ebay finds (NOT badges)

chopperchick

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
this wasnt a find on ebay but my nan went to her local villiage auction the other day and there was a bag of guiding themed with three items in it. One was a trefoil guild scarf i think, celebrating 50 years, another was a book about guides cant remeber the name, and my nan mainly bough the three items as it had a brownie sash in, i feel it awfully sad that parents dont keep there items. she paid the grand total of 50p for all of it. I am going to donate the sash to a unit in my county for those who cant afford to get their uniform
Chances are that wasn't from one home though - there wouldn't be many individuals chucking out a Brownie sash along with Trefoil Guild scarf. Even so, everyone's got a different idea of what they value and keep. I love the fact there's people like Fenris who are archiving Guiding information and artefacts - but it doesn't do much for me personally, I've got a bag full of Brownie and Guide badges that I've been waiting to see onto a camp blanket for the last twenty years! I guess it's because I don't need something physical to remind me of achievements and good times - but everyone's different. Which is just as well, because if no-one got rid of anything - there'd be nothing to buy on EBay :)

*gwen*

GIC Guide/SS
GuiderPlus
Such a shame that all this effort in to creating this great blanket, and it ends up on Ebay. Least it is going for a fairly decent price.

[EBAY=200874178439]200874178439[/EBAY]

Squirrel-Nutkin

The Wicked Witch of the West (15,000+ posts)
Such a shame that all this effort in to creating this great blanket, and it ends up on Ebay. Least it is going for a fairly decent price.

[EBAY=200874178439]200874178439[/EBAY]
wow, its got a rainbows triangular promise badge and some of those top left... I don't recognise them?

newbe

Veteran (100+ posts)
i am sorry do not buy from ebay but just looking and seen a current brownie badge book going for .....................
wait for it.......................... a song at ............ £200 yes i did type that correct £200
what is the world comming to

newbe

Veteran (100+ posts)

KittenWillow

Veteran (100+ posts)
i am sorry do not buy from ebay but just looking and seen a current brownie badge book going for .....................
wait for it.......................... a song at ............ £200 yes i did type that correct £200
I think that must be a typo - maybe they meant £2.00 and forgot the decimal place!

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
I wouldn't say 'do not buy', just apply common sense and remember that ebay is always 'buyer beware'. Some of those who are selling items have literally not got a clue what things are worth, so make guesses which are often way off the mark. Others will chance their arm in the hope that someone will be daft enough to pay way over the odds. All it needs is two people who want something to get into a bidding war and things can go for silly money.