• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Resource Expenses form

Zeb

(Newbie)
Hi,

I could do with an expenses form for the unit, for leaders to claim back all the things they buy... I could probably make my own, but I was looking on here for one to make sure I got all the info I needed, and I wondered if anyone had a simple one that they could share?

Many thanks,
Zeb

ker-stee

SGP Enthusiast
GuiderPlus
I would just ask leaders to keep receipts and submit. No need for a form.
I just ask for the receipts and write on them when i've paid. I wouldn't want my leaders to feel as though they had to wait until a sheet was full or to a certain date to hand the form in...

Quack

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
We just have a simple spreadsheet - so if a leader is buying all the bits and pieces for an activity or event, they can list them all and attach the receipts and we would then pay the total. It makes the accounts easier that showing the total rather than £1 here, 3.50 there...

That said, we wouldn't make them wait for the funds it's just a way of pulling the costs for an evening together if they have been planning it for sometime and it's lots of small ebay purchases which may otherwise get overlooked.

Hilary

Guide Guider and District Commissioner
GuiderPlus
Hi,

I could do with an expenses form for the unit, for leaders to claim back all the things they buy... I could probably make my own, but I was looking on here for one to make sure I got all the info I needed, and I wondered if anyone had a simple one that they could share?

Many thanks,
Zeb
If you get one I'd like one too. In fact I've just been searching as I thought I already had one, but I don't.

Zeb

(Newbie)
Thank you, folks. I thought my pack had had one, but everyone seemed to go vague, so I was just hoping someone had a simple template I could use. I will try to rustle something up, and will make it available to anyone who wants it when I've had a chance to do that. Been a bit overwhelmed lately, and no sign of that coming to an end just yet, so it wont be very soon, sorry. If you think it'd be useful to you, feel free to nag if I haven't done anything by the end of half term!

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
No need for an expenses form, just retain receipts and hand them over to whoever does the accounts for the unit. They can record what the payment was for, pay it out, and add the receipt to their files.

badgemad4

Veteran (100+ posts)
Some things don’t have a direct receipt though, such as fuel or printing costs, so leadership teams might want them for those.

Fox

Brownie-induced madness
We keep a receipt book in our cash box so if we have e.g. an outside person come in who wants cash and doesn't have their own, we can write a receipt out with the amount, they sign and write what it was for.
For leaders we use a diary with 2-3 days to a page and each leader writes on that page what they bought and what they took. If no receipt then we still know the amount. We staple in receipts to the relevant day.