• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Question? Gift Aid : Applying for Charitable status in Scotland with OSCR

Hi there

I am a Leader in Training for a Rainbow unit in Scotland. I am starting the process of reclaiming Gift Aid. I think the first step in this it to apply for Charitable staus with the Scottish Charities regulator OSCR. I am a bit daunted by the form I need to fill in and was wondering if anyone had done it recently and could give me some advice on the best way to fill it out.

Thank you



Veteran (100+ posts)
Yes I have, and I'm in Scotland. If you PM me your email address I can email you the simple form you fill in. You then send it to Scottish HQ and they deal with all the tricky bits. The OSCR form comes back to you to sign and then you post it to OSCR. A few weeks down the line you recieved confirmation from OSCr.

After this you can go onto the GGUK website and complete their Gift Aid certificate form and email it to CHQ, they send you the next set of forms already filled in, you sign them, and post them with the relevant paperwork (copy of OSCR cert, copy of accounts) and 8 weeks later they tell you that you are registered.

Off you then go and claim gift. :)


Veteran (100+ posts)
Hi, I last claimed gift aid in September 2013 but things seem to have changed since then (I don't think the Government Gateway existed then?) Is there a way to check online if I am still registered or not? I already have a personal Govt Gateway account, do I need to create a new one for Girlguiding? Thanks