• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Guide Badges on SS Tab?

ker-stee

SGP Enthusiast
GuiderPlus
I have event badges on mine, county badges, promise badge etc... There's a wide range of badges yu can put on it! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370667261.432429.jpg

Tawnyowl51

Veteran (100+ posts)
maybe there is a market for tab extensions, can just imagine some tabs extending down the persons knees with badges they are desperate to display ;)

I do feel a bit sad that some have to sit unseen in drawers and boxes

Kangaroot

Veteran (100+ posts)
maybe there is a market for tab extensions, can just imagine some tabs extending down the persons knees with badges they are desperate to display ;)

Adult sashes you say?
Amuzingly, my brownie sash still fits me.

ElfOwl

Veteran (100+ posts)
That is why I have my world centres badges and my old promise badges on my tab as other wise they would be in a drawer and I would not get to enjoy them or answer the girls questions about them. Sadly, I am thinking of removing my world centres badges as my Our Chalet one came off in the hall the other week and I need to make space for my 5 year one. Badge tab will look empty when I do, :(

Cazbly

Darth Vader (12,500+ posts)
Dearie me - can you give me fair warning of when you're going so I can drop in/avoid as appropriate!
We are at Alison Cargill House 16 - 20 Aug and if I remember the timetable correctly, are in Edinburgh on Saturday 17th. The correct answer, of course, is you will be dropping in to say "hi".

bramblebush

Veteran (100+ posts)
There will be some route marches from ACH down to Dunbar and along the beach to John Muir Country Park for a BBQ and then back to ACH again!!!

Won't there Cazbly????

I suppose really I shouldn't have all my long service badges on my tab but I do!

TawnyJen

Veteran (100+ posts)

I have multiple badge tabs! (2 Brownie leader ones, 1 Guide leader one and a commissioner one) Each tends to stay pinned to one item of 'top layer' uniform (jumper/fleece/rugby shirt/blouse) until I wash it so given I tend to just pull out an item at random each week they do all get seen so that works for me - but I do have a lot of uniform!

I have recently solved the unseen pin badges problem (don't like them on camp blankets as several got bent/broken as my camp blanket is actually utilised as a blanket) by getting a cushion to go with my room and pinning them on that. It looks smart and after years of them sitting in a box I can now enjoy them. Nabbed the idea off another guider in my county.

ylbadger

Guide Young Leader
I have recently solved the unseen pin badges problem (don't like them on camp blankets as several got bent/broken as my camp blanket is actually utilised as a blanket) by getting a cushion to go with my room and pinning them on that. It looks smart and after years of them sitting in a box I can now enjoy them. Nabbed the idea off another guider in my county.
l love this idea! i may pinch it!