• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Highly inappropriate!

i cant see the picture but is it the adult fancy dress 'brownie' uniform... i saw that and thought the same, but then i had to laugh at the fact that someone would really wear it!!

If it isn't that... ignore my post!

alexp44

Guide Guider, Div Media Advisor + Ranger
It is that. I'm actually kinda amused by the whole thing. I'd be even more amused if I spotted someone wearing it :D

Fox

Brownie-induced madness
Oh dear... They haven't even got the section right, as it says 'Girl Guide' (so again, a rather out of date description!), and it's Brownie uniform
To be fair, a lot of auctions for Brownie stuff say Girl Guide in the listing as just having "Brownie" tends to include both Box Brownie cameras and Brownie recipes in the results!

I actually think it's a little disturbing - at least with Guide or school uniform fancy dress some of the girls of that age will be over the age of consent.

lol its a great idea for fancy dress to wear brown shorts and a yellow t-shirt saying brownies with a brown berret and a sash.... but not to make it sexy!

Broken.Owner

Archery Goddess and Moderator
GuiderPlus
Coolandme did brownie fancy dress for her birthday last year - a group of peeps went out in Plymouth dressed as brownies. Photos looked really good. i don't think any of them had skirts that short though!

Fox

Brownie-induced madness
lol its a great idea for fancy dress to wear brown shorts and a yellow t-shirt saying brownies with a brown berret and a sash.... but not to make it sexy!
I agree!

The Brownie leggings go up to 32" waist and the long-sleeved t-shirt up to FORTY inches and as a busty size 14 I could EASILY fit into both of those widthwise (and I'm only 5ft 3 so probably lengthwise too!)

Lette

Guide Guider & Senior Section Member
I have a Brownie t-shirt, its a 34 chest so fits easily!
I wear it as a laugh, if I was doing fancy dress I would wear it too, its just a bit of fun really!

ninki_fm

Veteran (100+ posts)
Haha I went out as the 'brilliant badge collecting brownie' and saw that on ebay when looking for stuff for it. I ended up wearing a long yellow top which was like a dress, with a brown long sleeve shirt covering my arms **with badges on** and a pair of leggings (and heels, but I like high heels :p)

coolandme

Ex-Brownie GiC, Ranger, Tawny Owl
Coolandme did brownie fancy dress for her birthday last year - a group of peeps went out in Plymouth dressed as brownies. Photos looked really good. i don't think any of them had skirts that short though!
I think Smartie was the only one in a skirt and hers was long, although a couple of my old housemates might have had a skirt on too!

Snowy Pink Owl

The Doctor (5000+ posts)
GuiderPlus
It is a bit strange to turn it into a sexy outfit, I did see a student at uni dressed as a brownie with her own sash and stuff, was quite funny

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
But as has already been said, some school girls will already be over the age of consent. Only a few, but there are some. Especially as some schools with 6th forms insist on uniform in the 6th form too.

Brownies are well under the age of consent

And lets face it, hte way people wear school uniform as fancy dress isn't a million miles from how quite a few older pupils wear it anyway!