• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Home Contact agreement

KRAIN

Veteran (100+ posts)
Has anyone used the new home contact agreement yet? I have a Rainbow sleepover booked and the form says you should be giving HC to emergency contacts for every girl but they need to live at different addresses. Having looked at the consent forms on the website they are still the same and ask for one mane add two numbers. I have queried this but not had a reply . I want to know if people just went with the forms or if they had to add another bit to the form to get the required information. It just seems a bit over the top to me in this day and age of mobile phones.

Tregi

Veteran (100+ posts)
It's still guidance for 2 people who won't be together all the time just in case.
Health form asks for 2 names and numbers, consent just 1 name.

Pixielation

Brown Owl (x2)
I read somewhere that the consent/health forms are yet to be updated to include the information, so it's very hard to insist on it, and personally I don't see the point. I can understand asking for two people who have different contact numbers, but not necessarily enforcing different addresses. I've got a couple of single parents who cannot offer me a second person as a contact in the first instance as well. Not even grandparents. And I find it hard to push that issue on them.

Tregi

Veteran (100+ posts)
I did point out to some parents relishing the idea of a weekend with no kids that if they both went to the cinema (for example) together then another number would be useful.

Kochanski

Veteran (100+ posts)
I've just been doing health forms for our upcoming sleepover today. I typed a message into the box that says Arrangements for return of form. I just explained that parents tend to give us contact numbers for a couple but it is good practice to provide 2 contacts living at different addresses. I like the cinema example and will be nicking that! But we have to accept that some families simply won't have any extra people to name.

Pixielation

Brown Owl (x2)
Slightly related to this - I think parents also sometimes forget that being contactable during the camp also means being available! Just got home from guide camp where a girl became ill and had to go home. I rang her parents, and discovered that they were not even in the country to come and collect her!

Fox

Brownie-induced madness
I usually suggest that either a relative who's available by phone (but not physically, though they can keep trying the parents' phone) OR another Guiding parent are good choices. Many then swap with another Guiding parent.