• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

I'm a ... guider part 60

badgemad4

Veteran (100+ posts)
I’m an angry Guider. Someone else has “helpfully” washed my Leader polo again, after specifically being asked not to three times now. They removed it from a hanger to do this and it was clean but “because it matched the dark wash” they stuck it in! It has shrunk a good three centimetres. Our area doesn’t cover uniform costs so it was self bought. Angry doesn’t cover it. (It’s not just the damage to the uniform it’s the disregard of my explicit wishes).

Sorry just needed to vent!

Quack

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I'm a Guider having trouble with a family situation... Being piggy in middle and not feeling great about it...

Ech18

Veteran (100+ posts)
I’m a Guider with a leader sun tan after this weekend (read that as t-shirt tan). Good job I have to wear shirts to work!

Kochanski

Veteran (100+ posts)
I'm a Guider having trouble with a family situation... Being piggy in middle and not feeling great about it...
You have my sympathy. We have been without our relatively new but lovely assistant Guider most of this term because of tensions within her family. She is getting depressed and we can't do much to help her. We send her a hug sometimes. Here's one for you too.

Quack

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
It's a wedding...you will never get everyone to agree on everything. Just focus on what is really important ensuring the two key individuals are there, smiling and enjoy it.

Tregi

Veteran (100+ posts)
I'm a stressed out guider trying to get bridesmaids to agree on dress length.
I'm a guider who wore a different length bridesmaids dress to two others, and it looked fine.
I'm a guider who prefers being a bridesmaid as you don't have to work out what to wear, and do your own hair!

helenfelen

Veteran (100+ posts)
I am an exhausted guider. A day at Bewilderwood with Brownies does that. Also I have discovered that 39 girls is really hard to head count, just too many!
we do number crunch, they each have a number that they have to remember or they have on a sticker/wristband (could split into groups if easier) and when we shout/call 'ny=umber crunch' they have to shout their number out. it's worked with us so far - we do it with brownies & guides. x