• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

I'm a Queen's Guide! :O

blue_dreamer

Veteran (100+ posts)
Thank you everyone on this forum for all your help and support, you were a huge part of the award and I would never have to the end without it.

I was able to use G2G6 for my residential experience; not to mention bombarding you with questions, I hope now I can share my experience and answer yours if I haven't asked them already!

Diolch yn fawr pawb. :heart:

ElfOwl

Veteran (100+ posts)
Congratulations! Just curious, but G2G6 was rather a long time ago, how did it fit into the timescales as I gather you only have a certain amount of time to complete QG? I don't know much about QG (yet), but DD is talking about it and I need to get 'up to speed', hence the curiosity.

FPG

Veteran (100+ posts)
Congratulations! Just curious, but G2G6 was rather a long time ago, how did it fit into the timescales as I gather you only have a certain amount of time to complete QG? I don't know much about QG (yet), but DD is talking about it and I need to get 'up to speed', hence the curiosity.
You have 3 years* from your official start date, but because you can take a break of up to 12 months (and you can take it in smaller parts, it doesn't have to be one long break) it means you can have a 4 year window in terms of start and finish dates to include things. BUT anything done during the break(s) CANNOT count towards the award.

G2G6 was beginning of October 2010, so that's a good example really, as presumably it was done soon after the official start date... work was done, breaks were taken, work resumed, etc, official end date was 4 years later.

*or by your 26th birthday if this is sooner. But you cannot do it in less than 12 months.