• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

i'm NAFFED off

manateelover90

Brownie & Ranger leader and Ranger =D
GuiderPlus
Just got my timetable and i don't finish until 6 on a wednesday. Brownies starts at 6 and I have a 1.5-2 hrs journey home so gggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smiley

Guide & SS Guider, Div Guide Advisor
*Hugs*

I had the same problem when I went to uni. Ended up (all be it after some 2 years off) switching to Guides. Turns out Brownies doesn't work with my work schedule anyway.

snowy.owl

Veteran (100+ posts)
i have a lecture til 5 on a thurs and brownies starts at 5.30. this would be fine if they let me take my car but they wont so i cant get there now!

Yorkielass

Brownie Guider and soon to be Guide GIC
That's rubbish - we didn't have anything after 1.15 on a Wednesday as it was 'sports' afternoon (or go shopping or volunteer in a school in my case ;-))

emmaluvseeyore

Brownie Leader and Ranger Assistant
we had the afternoon off on wednesdays as well :) i think it is so all the universities can play each other at sport, and for the rest of us, we all went shopping!

Tina Tulip

Rainbow Guider, Division Commisioner
We used to have Wednesda afternoons off too - most of the units in the town met on a Wednesday as it meant the students were there to run meetings!

Late lectures suck!
I used ot have a 5-6 on a monday and it was the worst one of the week - too late for my brain to function!

I know the hugs don't help but sending some anyway!

xxx

anna

Veteran (100+ posts)
it may be that there are two streams of the same module and there is a bit of flexability, if else uni takes precedence, could you help with another unit till next term.

manateelover90

Brownie & Ranger leader and Ranger =D
GuiderPlus
Ok so i have been told where the change of seminar form is and have emailed my current lecturer and the one of the group I am wanting to join explaining the situation.I have had a really nice email from the lecturer whos group I want to join saying that there shouldn't be a problem and a fairly naff one from my current lecturer saying that I need to get my priorities and what I want in life sorted out and I should go and discuss it with her. I was only asking.

kathrynha

Veteran (100+ posts)
Sounds like the hopefully new lecturer is a lot nicer, so you would be better with them.

Sometimes uni's (and work places too) forget that you have a life outside of the place.