• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Letter for Schools

Donuts

Veteran (100+ posts)
Do any of you out there have a template letter that you use to send to schools for recruiting girls.

We are looking at Rainbow age
Any help would be appreciated

Tawnyowl51

Veteran (100+ posts)
there are the free colourful postcards,available from Trading, that are often better and getting girls attention than a plain letter. Stick your own details on the back so they can contact you before going straight to Join Us

Ezrekia

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Alternatively, ask the school if you could have a bit of time at assembly or a stall at their next event (ie Christmas fair etc)
I did a school assembly this morning and it was actually really good fun. The kids were enthusiastic and asked loads of questions. Mine was a KS2 assembly so slightly older than your crowd would be, but I'd definitely recommend it as a way to introduce children to Guiding.

ker-stee

SGP Enthusiast
GuiderPlus
Alternatively, ask the school if you could have a bit of time at assembly or a stall at their next event (ie Christmas fair etc)
Just remember that not everyone works suitable hours to do this! (I know I wouldn't be able to!) So putting out letters etc are the only way!

culcheth1

Veteran (100+ posts)
Just remember that not everyone works suitable hours to do this! (I know I wouldn't be able to!) So putting out letters etc are the only way!
I do work myself so know it's not always possible but if you have anyone in your District who can do this then it is well worth it. Perhaps, see if you can attend PTA or similar meetings that take place outside normal school hours?