• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Magic and Mayhem

mazi159

Assistant Guide Guider
I have posted this on the FB group also but....

Has anybody heard about volunteering at Magic and Mayhem this year? I applied for volunteering a while ago now and note heard a thing about the event yet and I know it is about 8 weeks away, but I need time to get organised with work (Holiday already requested and accepted). I have sent an email to the Magic and Mayhem email address today to see what is happening!

It is getting quite close to the event now and you would hve thought that if it was happening then information to volunteers should be going out asap!

mazi159

Assistant Guide Guider
It is almost like they are going to cancel the event at short notice as I know I am thinking that the information for W+W will be coming out soon!

browniebeth

Brownie Leader
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I haven't heard a thing, neither promoting it for participants nor begging for volunteers...whereas there's been plenty of talk of wellies, which is sold out, has been for a while and they've been looking for more volunteers.

It's not long to go, it would be quite good to know if they want us and what they want us to do so I can sort out travel plans if needed. I'm expecting to hear about wellies by the end of May for the August event as that's what happened last year, so thought it would be a similar thing here.....

I have sent an email though, as rumours are all well and good, but it's hard facts we need. :)

mazi159

Assistant Guide Guider
I have got a bit of a response from emailing Waddow

"The information you require will be sent out in May. We are currently awaiting further information from our Headquarters, who are organising this event."

Still no response from HQ as yet!

mazi159

Assistant Guide Guider
Finally a response from CHQ

Hello,

I’ve been sent your email in regards to volunteering for Magic and Mayhem this summer. Firstly I would like to thank you for offering to volunteer for both Magic and Mayhem and Wellies and Wristbands, that’s fantastic.

We would love to have you part of the Magic and Mayhem team, and will be sending out a similar email to the Wellies and Wristbands one you received yesterday to confirm your place at Magic and Mayhem, and then will send you over final details in the next few weeks.

I hope that helps. If you do have any specific questions that you would like answering though please do let me know.

I look forward to meeting you at the event.

Thanks
Jade