• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Midlands day G2G

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
I posted this ages go (well over a year ago!) but then life got in the way.

So. Some of the other regions have their own G2Gs, so does anyone fancy having a Midlands G2G? This would just be a day so as not to detract from G2G9 which is also being held in the Midlands. I'm thinking of possibly either Nottingham, since there are so many forum members there, or Birmingham since it's pretty central, very easy to get to but also easily accessible if any of the Welsh or South West Guiders wanted to join.

I'll start a poll for the date if I have a reasonable level of interest.

KatieW

Guide Guider, Nottingham
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I'd be up for this, preferably Nottingham as I'm short of cash but I might be able to come to Brum.

Smartie

Mod and wearer of many hats!!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
If its nottingham, andcould potentially go on into the evening, then I lay first claim on KB's spare room again! (Provided KB doesn't mind!) Then i can gatecrash!

Lette

Guide Guider & Senior Section Member
Rather liking the Notts plan! I work alternate weekends so will have to work out when I can do this...

Are we thinking of holding this before or after G2G9?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smartie

Mod and wearer of many hats!!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
i work alternate weekends too Lette! Do you have this weekend coming on or off?

Lette

Guide Guider & Senior Section Member
I'm on this weekend. But am swapping my service users and am getting a rota partner so who knows what days/weekends I'll be on coming up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little

Veteran (100+ posts)
I would so be up for this ! I'm feeling so uninspired and apathetic about girl guiding at the moment - this could be just the thing to get me back on track =D

Pipit

Brownie/Guide Leader
GuiderPlus
Would so love to say I was up for this but between OH shifts & kids footy it's simply not going to happen :(

OH works nights so sleeps til 11am then I have to drop him at work for 4pm and can only ask my Mom to have the kids & my son to miss his footy so many times a year due to Guiding and I seemed to have more than filled my quota for this year already!!

GuidingKB

Brownie Guider
Just been looking at my diary - and realised that things are rather crazy.....free weekends for me are almost non-existant! Still, for most of those I'm free on one of the days....(Sam - if last year was anything to go by, you won't want my spare room if I'm racing the following day, unless you want to be getting up and out by shortly after 6am!)