• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Badges My badges seen on e-bay

mummy6

Veteran (100+ posts)
I have just noticed that my badges which I have swapped with someone are being sold on e-bay. Can I ask anyone who swaps badges with me not to sell them on as I was given the spare badges just to swap and it is obviously that it would of come from me as I got all the spare badges - limited number made. If anyone is interested in these badge do not hesitate to message me.

The listing advised the badges are being sold to raise fund for her guides going to Centenary Camp in Leeds. I was not allowed to sell our badges for this and my guides have had to do different fundraising.

Attachments

Smudge

The Doctor (5000+ posts)
That sucks - if people have swapped in good faith it is unfair to do that - I can promise you it wasnt me - mine are still all in a box waiting until the end of the centenary to be sewn on a blanket!

Hi

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to you, but I was wondering.... why are you not permitted to sell these badges on ebay yourself to raise money for your centenary camp?

bryony

Guide and Ranger Guider
Staff member
GuiderPlus
*with mod hat on*

I understand your frustration and it is perfectly fair when you swap badges to ask that they aren't sold on... BUT once they are swapped they are out of your hand and control so it is very hard to guarantee that nothing would ever happen to them that you didn't want.

That is a great shame, especially as you expect a 'Guide' to keep her word. However, like bryony said, once you have sent them it is out of your hands what happens to them. However, like mmwwaahh211 says, why can't you sell them on eBay to raise funds for yourself? Unfortunately it is a very gready world that we live in and, sadly, it seems you can hardly trust anyone these days!

Wren

Mod
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I agree with Bryony *also with Mod hat on*. It is upsetting to see badges you have swapped on ebay, but you have parted ownership with them when you swapped and cannot stop anyone from swapping them on again, throwing them away or selling them.

Might not seem fair, but if these badges were so important, perhaps swapping should be avoided?

yorkie67

Div CA, GIC G, GIC R
GuiderPlus
Yeah, I noticed that as well. But it's the same seller who is now offering a 'lucky dip' of badges, so who knows what is amongst those!

I've had emails since I put my badges on ebay for the time being - the Div Exec gave me permission to sell these first on ebay to raise money and I've had emails asking for swaps - but I do not want swaps!!! They are NOT my badges - they belong to the Division - they can't read the info can they - so I think I had better revise them all - how????

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
Find the listed item when you are signed in, and there'll be a box at teh top (that only you can see) and there'll be an option in there to edit the listing. And when you are selling them here, I'd like one!

Cazbly

Darth Vader (12,500+ posts)
I've had emails since I put my badges on ebay for the time being - the Div Exec gave me permission to sell these first on ebay to raise money and I've had emails asking for swaps - but I do not want swaps!!! They are NOT my badges - they belong to the Division - they can't read the info can they - so I think I had better revise them all - how????
I thought it was clear you are selling to raise money - which is why I will buy 2 from you whether by ebay or on here.

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
I have emailed a few sellers before now to ask if they are swapping as well, unless it says otherwise. I managed to get hold of one that I liked that kept going out of my price range like that, and I'd do the same for my duck badges were people to email me.

yorkie67

Div CA, GIC G, GIC R
GuiderPlus
I thought it was clear you are selling to raise money - which is why I will buy 2 from you whether by ebay or on here.
yeah I'm selling them on ebay to raise money but may sell on here later but have to wait for the nod of the Div Com as she's watching it on ebay too to see how it goes - she's never seen anything on ebay before and she said that ebay is fascinating so I told her not to get addicted!!!! People obviously can't read the instructions and I've had about 4 emails so far asking for swaps! I've said NO, they are not my badges!!

bananas

Veteran (100+ posts)
Just a thought, went you want to make your own badge up and approach companies they often send you some samples of other peoples badges - so maybe and this is only a maybe people have got your badges that way and that is how they have ended up on ebay?!

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
Yeah, I remember Woody PMing me to say that one of her friends had been sent a set of samples, which included my duck badge. Though had I been sent centenary badges as samples, they'd have either gone into my collection if I didn't have them already, or as swaps if I did.