• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Question? Need to find a new Unit or position in Guiding in York for October

BrightyCharlee

Warranted Brownie GiC, Pre-W Guide AG
Hi Gang

I am moving up to York in October to train as a nurse.

I want to stay in Guiding, either as a Unit helper, events organiser, commissioner etc etc. But because I don't know what my work load and timetable will be like I can't commit to anything more than that.

I've got a Pack Holiday License, a Camping License and a BEL 3 qualification. I had my last meeting with my Brownies last night so I would be able to help with Brownies. I've also worked with Guides for about 3 years. I am really interested in how guiding markets itself and gains and retains volunteers. I am also really interested in Senior Section and how we can use them to promote guiding.

I've tried going through Join Us but no one has been back in touch :rolleyes: so I thought I'd ask on here.

I'm not sure of areas yet as I am buying somewhere rather than renting, but I just want to put the feelers out because not having a Unit or being involved with Guiding in September is really really scary!

Thanks very much!

Charlee

Hi Charlee,

Im in York hun and Im a Rainbow and Brownie leader. If you move to somewhere near us then you are more than welcome to come to us, we could always do with new input and a fresh face.
Your more than welcome to PM me and I will try to help.

Sam xx

growlywench

Veteran (100+ posts)
Hi Gang

I want to stay in Guiding, either as a Unit helper, events organiser, commissioner etc etc. But because I don't know what my work load and timetable will be like I can't commit to anything more than that.

I've got a Pack Holiday License, a Camping License and a BEL 3 qualification. I had my last meeting with my Brownies last night so I would be able to help with Brownies. I've also worked with Guides for about 3 years. I am really interested in how guiding markets itself and gains and retains volunteers. I am also really interested in Senior Section and how we can use them to promote guiding.

I've tried going through Join Us but no one has been back in touch :rolleyes: so I thought I'd ask on here.

I'm not sure of areas yet as I am buying somewhere rather than renting, but I just want to put the feelers out because not having a Unit or being involved with Guiding in September is really really scary!

Thanks very much!

Charlee
Heck of a difference in the commitment required for those different roles!

vickys

Beginner (10+ posts)
I'm about 10 miles out of York and in a different guiding county (just!) but I think York is North Yorkshire south and they used to have a web-site with contact details on, might be worth a try!

culcheth1

Veteran (100+ posts)
Hi Gang

Thanks very much!

Charlee
If you have registered with Join Us and heard nothing then ring the North East Regional office and let them know