• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

New Anniversary badges

As I understand it they are given on the anniversary of the girl joining the movement. On Go there is a list of when each one is due. A note in the programme book would make it possible to give them out on nearest date for the anniversary. I intend ordering before the start of each term those need during the term so I can do this. Your alternative of giving them out at the end of term is also a possibility. Could do it at a parents' event as well. You can't give them out before they are due.

Squirrel-Nutkin

The Wicked Witch of the West (15,000+ posts)
I think a lot will be working out what girls should have 'now' and giving out those as a 'catch up' and then give out new next level ones as and when the girls earn them

JJJJ1980

Brownie Leader x 3
I plan to give out any that are less than six months past due and then the rest as they become due between sept and jan so everyone will get one at some point in the next few months.

*Emerald*

Brownie and Rangers Leader
I plan to give out any that are less than six months past due and then the rest as they become due between sept and jan so everyone will get one at some point in the next few months.
That's what I'm planning too. With the cost of all the new resources I think it's the fairest and most economical way for us.

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
We usually have intakes in August and January (occasionally after Easter) so I'll give out the ones due this term, and explain to the rest that they will receive theirs later in the year.

Foxi

Guide Guider
You wouldn't normally have to calculate it - there is now a record on GO for the anniversary badges, so it should have recorded the time she was active in Guiding, not including the gap.
Please could someone give me clear step by step directions on how to see this? I have tried a couple of things to no avail. Sorry to be so dim.

Batty Owl

Veteran (100+ posts)
I think this should work Foxi.
Go to my units
Below the unit name you should find a line of headings
One of these should say Guide programme, click on it
On the left there is now a list of different parts of the programme
Click on Anniversary badges, and you should get a list of your girls each with the time they have been in Guiding beside each name.
Hope that helps

Quack

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
In Go - select Guide Programme, in the menu on the left hand side, the bottom option is Anniversary Badges, by selecting that you get a list of the current time in Guiding for all young members.

Bluesy

Regular (50+ posts)
Is everyone going by what GO says? It's hard to know how the time is being calculated. I was going to go by calendar years eg. September to September but, when I checked on GO, that's not the way it's being done.

Quack

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I think the important thing is that you and the units feeding and being fed by you use the same criteria. If everyone uses go and then decides to present them once a term or once a year it does not matter. If you do your own calculations then everyone has to match you.

browniebeth

Brownie Leader
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Is everyone going by what GO says? It's hard to know how the time is being calculated. I was going to go by calendar years eg. September to September but, when I checked on GO, that's not the way it's being done.
It is difficult because you may know that a child joined in September, but GO only updates once a month....at best....I have had one stuck on 1.99 years for ages...gave up and awarded her 2 years because I know it's due, but have to keep my own record because it won't let me award the 2 year until the numbers align.

I have a table with first names down the side, and 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 years across the top. I then have a colour for "due September", "due October HT", "due January" etc so I can see who is due what and when. I will use this as a guide, and shuffle everything along a column on an annual basis, adding or removing girls as necessary.

I will ensure their records are updated with what they've had before they move up, but I find this much easier to use and see who is due what and when than GO and it's 1.86 or whatever.

i agree with those saying if due in January and child moves up, it's the section they're moving to's responsibility to award the badge. Otherwise it just gets messy, and particularly over the summer they may be 2-3 months short of being due. The ones I award are always within a month of being due.