• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

New Programme - Discuss!

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
What do we do if we have just one Rainbow aged 5 and the others are all nearly 7 and will have already started level 2 SBs before the 5 year old joins, then?
That will be our situation later in the year. I bet that's pretty common (small unit, lots of girls one age and 1 or 2 another age. Or all the 9 year old Brownies leave except 1).

And then when our Brownies are older we will have 1 or 2 aged 9 who have potentially done all the Stage 2 packs (maybe not all the individual activities, but they should be moving on to level 3 plus they can't really do odd Stage 2 that they missed together with another group that's doing all the other 4 for the first time).

Again, we have a small number of Rainbows and Brownies so if e.g. we have 3 of each present they can do the UMAs in groups of 3 but if we had 1 Rainbow and 5 Brownies present, the Rainbow could do the Brownie UMA and catch up another time with a Rainbow UMA but we can't do that with SB.
Some of the Leaders can act as the 'other group'.

Girls only do one Skills Builder of each theme in Brownies - it's likely that they will end up with a mix of level 2 (ones they did when younger) and 3 (ones they did when older) making up their 6. They wouldn't normally do 2 SBs from the same theme during their time in Brownies.

maz

Veteran (100+ posts)
Started innovate. I think to start with all activities are going to have a lot of prep. But we've now started to build a resource folder to go with activity.
Tonight was inventing which ment a kims style game. We now have printout for all the invented items used. The girls invented a ride on hover, pogo stick with booster for sky jumping. Very inventive.
Other group did art work using items we had in craft box. They had fun.
Whilst girls working on own a leader updated GO. So no work to do at home.
Thankfully I have enough leaders and helpers to assign a job.

Willow

Veteran (100+ posts)
Girls only do one Skills Builder of each theme in Brownies - it's likely that they will end up with a mix of level 2 (ones they did when younger) and 3 (ones they did when older) making up their 6. They wouldn't normally do 2 SBs from the same theme during their time in Brownies.
How many SBs are you thinking of doing a year?

With Guides, we're looking at one every term initially, while we try out the programme. I'm hoping this means that most will end up with two a year, but someone with good attendance could easily end up with three.

Looking at the Camp SBs, we'll cover a lot of this naturally in preparation for residentials/whilst being away, so if that isn't our chosen SB for the term, girls may end up with a bonus SB or two there. I'm also quite keen to try your suggestion of a joint Brownie/Guide SB, perhaps as an activity day.

I got the impression that there were two SBs per theme, plus the multiple stage options, both to provide stretch/breadth/challenge but also to allow for more than the minimum number of SBs in a section, without repetition?

Trinny

Veteran (100+ posts)
Whilst girls working on own a leader updated GO. So no work to do at home.
Thankfully I have enough leaders and helpers to assign a job.
If there was a volunteer who wouldn't mind putting things in Go, that might be a nice value add to District meetings - come along, bring your term plan and register and Cathy will input your SBs for you. People could log in themselves in then Cathy would do the faff on Go while you participate in the meeting.
If it could be arranged, it would have a few advantages- leaders would have less admin, there would be additional incentive to attend District meetings, plus District would get a view of which units are doing it as expected and which aren't. Obviously if leaders would rather record it themselves they could, but I suspect some would like a little help.

If there was a volunteer who wouldn't mind putting things in Go, that might be a nice value add to District meetings - come along, bring your term plan and register and Cathy will input your SBs for you. People could log in themselves in then Cathy would do the faff on Go while you participate in the meeting.
If it could be arranged, it would have a few advantages- leaders would have less admin, there would be additional incentive to attend District meetings, plus District would get a view of which units are doing it as expected and which aren't. Obviously if leaders would rather record it themselves they could, but I suspect some would like a little help.
This is something that I am asking for volunteers from my parents for. Many of them don't have time to come to regular meetings or be a unit helper, but a way they can help out in their own time would really help all my leaders.

helenfelen

Veteran (100+ posts)
if they were entering info on GO they would need to be DBS checked and down as a unit administrator with their own login, you would not be able to log in & then let them imput the details as they would have access to the girls details and if they are not registered it is a GDPR and data protection breach.

floss

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
I have just been through all the Skills Builders stages 4 and 5 working out how to adapt them for Lones. If anyone needs them, PM me - I will put them in the files once complete (I don't have Camp 5 yet)