• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

New ssago group :)

Hey
Just to let people know there is a ssago group at stirling university (sussago - stirling university student scouts and guides organisation - original i know!)
Look us up if you want to know more!

Little

Veteran (100+ posts)
Good luck =D There's a tonne of us with experience in SSAGO if you want a hand or some ideas =)

Looking forward to seeing you at Loughborough Summer Rally ;)

thanks, we weren't aware of where the next rally was and now we don't know if we are able to come to it?

We're still in the process of registering officially with ssago but it will be done soon :D

Lots of questions i'm sure will occur to us but we're getting there!

Little

Veteran (100+ posts)
Hiya, Rally booking is far from open (probably open in a couple of weeks hopefully).... so if you're able to make the dates (8th to 10th of July), then you'll be more than welcome to come.
It's in Loughborough... which I know is quite far from your uni (though as its out of term time, so people are all scattered across the country usually). There's always loads of people coming from all across the country... so we might be able to organise you travelling with some people from near where ever you are.

We'll be willing to give you lots of extra support if necessary, like if your club doesnt have its own kit etc we might be able to find some tents for you to use etc.

Hey
Thanks, yeah that would be good :) i'll speak to the others and see what we can come up with regards transport and kit but help would be much appreciated! Just been reading all the stuff on the ssago website regarding risk assessment and the like - slightly scared about it now! But it should be good fun!

we're getting our mascot tomorrow :)

frazzledguider

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Have you got links with local Guiding and Scouting? I'm in Girlguiding Clackmannanshire and could hook you up with someone if you're interested for students living in that area. I might be able to get you a contact for Girlguiding Forth Valley as well, although there'll be others on here better connected for that!

My AG is at Stirling uni and is hoping to join up.

Good Luck!!

*gwen*

GIC Guide/SS
GuiderPlus
Hey
Just to let people know there is a ssago group at stirling university (sussago - stirling university student scouts and guides organisation - original i know!)
Look us up if you want to know more!
when i first glanced at that name, thought it said sausag, dont know how i made that connection. good luck with the new society

kayaking_girl

Veteran (100+ posts)
when i first glanced at that name, thought it said sausag, dont know how i made that connection. good luck with the new society
Sausag, is/was St Andrews university scout and Guides.

Well done guys!!! I am so pleased to hear that another Scottish SSAGO has started up...happy dance :):)

Great time as well with the november rally talking place in Edinburgh(second weekend). It may be worth talking to Aberdeen or Edinburgh about transport to summer rally. Also about doing joint freshers/ summer camps.

Hope you guys all the luck n the future... Also if you need a hand with anything I helped set up a SSAGO unit when a undergrad!