• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Question? New YL - do we need a CD for her?

Jaffa

Veteran (100+ posts)
If you wanted one they are bought from trading, however I think that our SS group loan them out, although its a ranger unit they lend them to yl as well.

rugbynutter

Rainbow Guider & Ranger
GuiderPlus
The YLQualification syllabus is on there, so yes.
It will slo allow her to browse the other senior section opportunities/awards/ideas available to her.
Is £5 an affordable cost to your unit? If so, it might help her that your unit buys it, direct from trading.

browniebeth

Brownie Leader
Staff member
GuiderPlus
You could get by with a unit copy if funds don't stretch- all the info is downloadable it's just the official record book for QG (and I'm assuming the YLQ now has a book, although it didn't when I last used a SS cd, I just printed off the syllabus and ticked off next to things when I'd done them!) :)

I seem to remember a lot of silhouettes and weird music, but newer editions might not do that! I didn't really use it for anything other than printing the YLQ off, but I guess it depends what they want to do from the choices available (if anything)

shackademus

Veteran (100+ posts)
i would wait a while and see how keen she is. it also has the record book with it so its worth £5 if they are going to use it. we have had 2 out of 8 yl use it so at the moment are thinking it may not be the best use of money.

Fox

Brownie-induced madness
We only have one YL plus a DofE helper, so it would just be her for the moment. I wonder if I can get the YLQ bits separately?

KatieW

Guide Guider, Nottingham
Staff member
GuiderPlus
We only have one YL plus a DofE helper, so it would just be her for the moment. I wonder if I can get the YLQ bits separately?
TJ created a PDF file for the YL's with the YLQ in her District/Division (Can't remember which!) I have a copy of it and I'm pretty sure I downloaded it from here.