• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

No longer In4mers

badgemad4

Veteran (100+ posts)
I just recived an email from my county co. apparently,
Are you aware that the '4' initiative has undergone a rebrand? The word ‘In4mer’ has been discontinued and has now been replaced with Peer Educator (capitalised). The '4' remains, complete with sparkly new logo, and is referred to as a programme rather than an initiative.

I liked being called 'in4mer' :(

anyone seen the new logo?

Figgy

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
I actually think that the name Peer Educator will help to promote what you do to units. Its a much clearer way of saying what you do and needs less explanation to a leader. A rebrand isn't always a bad thing

woodyowl

Forum Mod, Guide GIC, Rainbow GIC,
Staff member
GuiderPlus
• 4 has a brand new logo! See attached jpeg file and above! This logo has been modernised and now also includes the trefoil, to reinforce the fact that 4 is part of guiding.

• Young women who are trained in peer education are no longer called In4mers, but are now called Peer Educators. Please use the term Peer Educators in future! This is because people were getting confused with the jargon, so we are using common language.

• When you are mentioning 4 in written text, also include the words ‘peer education’ to explain what 4 is: you can either say 4 peer education, or 4, Girlguiding UK’s Peer Education programme
Please note, 4 is a programme not an initiative, as is ongoing and not something new.

Attachments

badgemad4

Veteran (100+ posts)
I like the new look but the only problem that I could possibly think of is that the idea of in4mers/peer educators has only just reached our area....and now everyone will be even more confused! Peer Educators is a bit long as well but alot more straitforward than In4mers! My friend did a peer education thing in her youth group, they called themselves 'peds'

Wren

Mod
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I like the new look but the only problem that I could possibly think of is that the idea of in4mers/peer educators has only just reached our area....and now everyone will be even more confused! Peer Educators is a bit long as well but alot more straitforward than In4mers! My friend did a peer education thing in her youth group, they called themselves 'peds'
Couldn't agree more! Have we even got any In4mers/Peer Educators in our Division??! Are you one?!

kayaking_girl

Veteran (100+ posts)
Just saw this stuff.

Personaly i feel like i has gone back 10 years to when it was vibe! I know most people will not remember this but it was a program that got started by the UN in partnership with guiding about girls rights that later got develped in to 4. At that time the trainers were peer educators.

Last edited:

badgemad4

Veteran (100+ posts)
Couldn't agree more! Have we even got any In4mers/Peer Educators in our Division??! Are you one?!
Yep :) So far I have only done my district, because our division is quite spread out I havent thought about widening myself....I have had a request to talk to some SS from Bath as apparently they no longer have any/dont know of any in their divison. I know that I am the first from my district, does that make me the first from out division Wren? *starting to feel special :)*

Last edited:

snowy91

Fully warranted Brownie Guider
Yep :) So far I have only done my district, because our division is quite spread out I havent thought about widening myself....I have had a request to talk to some SS from Bath as apparently they no longer have any/dont know of any in their divison. I know that I am the first from my district, does that make me the first from out division Wren? *starting to feel special :)*
I think I was the in4mer in Bath and then finished uni and went home!!!!!

Wren

Mod
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I'm not aware of any others as yet... Hope to find out more tomorrow at the open PM...! Are you planning to come?