• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Not enough hours in the day!

sunsetsongbird

Rainbows & Guides GiC, Brownies AG
Definately, just so I could have a little "me" time. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday I'm in college all day and then go straight to work and don't get home till about 11 or later, Wednesdays college all day and then Brownies in the evening, Fridays - catch up on coursework in the morning, Rainbows in the afternoon and work in the evening again, Saturdays work all day from 9.30am-11pm, Sundays, church & sunday school in the morning, coursework/sleeping in the afternoon. I think I need an extra day in the week, never mind more hours in the day, although I'm sure I'd end up with something to do in it as well.

Ah well, at least it all keeps me out of mischief. :D

newbe

Veteran (100+ posts)
i find that days i have a lot to do there are plenty of hours to do everything.
on days when i have a little to do then i think the hours just vanish i run out of time....

makes no sense to me...

Jenbug

Veteran (100+ posts)
I find sometimes I have too many hours lately but thats because I should be managing my time more efficiently. (i.e spending a good few hours on dissertation and that goes out of the window)

But somedays I just feel like my day dissapears...Next semester I am going to be in uni from 9-5 monday tuesday thursday friday wednesday on half day i'm assuming. during which my job are going to want me to work during the week at nights at least once and also I have to work either friday or saturday (baring in mind some shifts can be until 5.30am)
Then I have a personal development module...and my dissertation hand in date the day before my 4 day collaboration performance project.

Yeah next semester my life is not going to be my own!

Boobook

Veteran (100+ posts)
At the moment it's okay except for thursdays (in uni 9 till 6) but my timetable is just weird this year. But i'm gonna get more work starting next week so it probly won't stay as good as it is at the mo.

Anybody finding they are getting up way too early so they can log on here before lectures?

GeordieLass

Veteran (100+ posts)
Yep! That said, my timetable is odd (1 tutorial on mon and 1 lecture every other Friday, full day (10-6) on Tues and Thurs and Wed off). But with the list of asignments etc we're getting already I'm wondering where the hours are going to come from! I have 7 weeks to teach myself PHP for one module - and while I'm doing that I also have a great big report and website to design for it. Eak! The time off vanishes as I take my Gran shopping or else she doesn't get out for groceries and then by the time I've done other bits and bobs there's no time left.

emmaluvseeyore

Brownie Leader and Ranger Assistant
i have found this week ok as i havnt had any coursework to do, and i decided to start work next week to give me time to settle in. im lucky as i have fridays off this year so i can catch up on sleep/coursework, and then go to brownies. im sure time is going really fast atm!
and i am now really annoyed coz i was just gna go have a shower, and my housemate beat me 2 it. grrrrrrr, wont have time to straighten the hair :(

Salola

knackered Brownie Guider
I have absolutely no time to call my own even though everyone thinks I do.

They don't seem to realise that just because I am only *physically* in Uni two days a week doesn't mean I don't have loads to do the rest of the time.

I put in a 60 hour academic week and do Brownies.

I'm not really complaining though :) It'll be worth it when it's over with.

GeordieLass

Veteran (100+ posts)
I have absolutely no time to call my own even though everyone thinks I do.

They don't seem to realise that just because I am only *physically* in Uni two days a week doesn't mean I don't have loads to do the rest of the time.

I put in a 60 hour academic week and do Brownies.

I'm not really complaining though :) It'll be worth it when it's over with.
Sounds like my Grandparents... I'm in 2 full days (10 -6 so I leave just after 9 and get back just before 7) but because I have "3 days off" it must mean I'm not doing anything and it's all disgraceful because I have "optional tutorials" (we don't have to go in as the module is building a portfolio for yourself over the year!) and lectures and have a meeting alone with a lecturer once a week for my project.

They don't take into account the 30 hours a week I'm meant to be working on my project and then all the work for the other modules. If I really sat around all day I'd have failed by now. I find the time to take Nana out shopping most of the day Wed too and lost the entire last weekend to Guiding related things. No wonder I only get about 4 hours sleep every night!

First bit of coursework due in a month and I haven't even begun - I'm wondering where the time's going to come from.

I think I need 30 hour days.

ker-stee

SGP Enthusiast
GuiderPlus
i have zilch time..

College full time during the day..

Then on a night:
Brownies monday
Rangers tuesday
Wed Coursework night
Thursday Drama
Friday Scouts

Sat & Sun JOB!

ARG!

coolandme

Ex-Brownie GiC, Ranger, Tawny Owl
I'm not too bad at the minute but I know probably once December comes I'll probably start struggling. I have 5 hours on a monday, one hour every other tuesday (next week is the last one though as they become optional surgeries after that), wednesday I have 2 hours but followed by various group meetings, presentation planning, cooking myself something quick and then off to Rainbows/Brownies, Thursday I have 2 hours (although one is optional - I'm not brillant at the subject so should make the effort to go) and Fridays I have either 1, 2 or no hours!