• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Opinions Wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunsetsongbird

Rainbows & Guides GiC, Brownies AG
Hi

Blackandwhiterainbowgirl and I are planning to go to FanTAStic (Australian Jamboree) in 2013. We've been tossing around some fundraising ideas tonight, and we were wondering what people would think if we ran a G2G in aid of this. Would people feel comfortable with us either adding a small donation onto the cost and/or running some fundraising activities through the weekend. We don't want to offend anyone or step on any toes, but we're just trying to think of as many fundraising activities as we can as we need to raise several thousand pounds each.

All opinions appreciated.

Thanks

Emma & Esther xo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LFC_dragonfly

Veteran (100+ posts)
I'm not sure I'd be that fussed about going to a G2G almost dedicated to your fundraising tbh. I don't mean that to sound harsh, but having organised a G2G, it comes to enough money as it is, without fundraising added onto the cost (be it included in the price tag, or spending money on fundraising whilst there).

I've found that the best ways to fundraise is to sell something that people actually want, at a small profit. I can't stand sponsored events, and I personally don't buy peoples trip badges, as I only collect badges that mean something to me. But maybe you can design a general fun badge that people would like to buy, for example, the ones someone did on here with the Guiding promise on, or if you didn't want ANOTHER badge, maybe a bit of merchandise that you can get personalised with something that people will want. Sorry for the lack of specifics, but I'm not very creative! I'm thinking things like the trolly tokens someone on here did a bulk order for, or the centenary wristbands Smartie did.

This way, everyone wins. If you do a bulk order, you will get the item lots cheaper, then you can just add on, for example, 50p to the unit cost, to get the price you sell them at. The 50p goes in your holiday pot, and we get something we want, for a price that is less than what we'd have to pay for geting 1 direct!

sunsetsongbird

Rainbows & Guides GiC, Brownies AG
That's great feedback Dawny, thanks. Having sat over the weekend and done some serious costings for the camp we've come to the conclusion that even with mega fundraising, it's just too expensive for us right now so we're not going to go. Thanks to everyone who's replied, and could I ask one of the mods to close the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.