• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Question? Pen Pals for Brownies

Hi,

I am currently looking for Pen Pals (outside of the UK) for the Brownie Pack I volunteer with, but I have no idea where to look! I was wondering if anybody had any ideas, or knew anyone who would be interested?

Thank you :)

SnowyFliss

Beginner (10+ posts)
I don't know of the top of my head but I'm sure there's someone in GG HQ for something like this, you know like a coordinator, give a call or an email to general enquiries xx

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
First thing is to think about what you are going to offer. Are there individuals who are going to write to each other, or will it be your unit as a group sending a letter or e-message to another group? How regularly would you like to correspond? What will your policy be on sending gifts/souvenirs (it's worth thinking about this early, to avoid any difficulty with one party sending lots of things, and the other struggling to afford to reciprocate)? Will it be a single letter to and fro, or an ongoing relationship? What language(s) can you correspond in fluently?

Hello, we are doing letter writing at Brownies this week and are looking for Brownie pen pals to write to another unit :)
I understand you were looking for a unit outside of the UK, but we are very interested in arranging this to help the girls letter writing.

We are based in Coventry and have roughly 20 Brownies. Our girls are great at friendship bracelets, which we could send to your unit with our letters.

My email address is Shannon.ellis1@ntlworld.com if you would like to contact me about arranging this.

I've just had this idea too, how about WAGGS? As they are still within Guiding, but are from different countries, and it would be great for Brownies in the UK to have penpals with other units around the world :D

Hi,

I am currently looking for Pen Pals (outside of the UK) for the Brownie Pack I volunteer with, but I have no idea where to look! I was wondering if anybody had any ideas, or knew anyone who would be interested?

Thank you :)
Hi I am a Brownie leader in Brandon, Manitoba, Canada. If you are interested we are looking for some international pen pals perhaps starting in September (2017). Feel free to personal message me if you like :) (*****.net)

Last edited by a moderator: