• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Personal Values Octant

neonlightning

Beginner (10+ posts)
I have no idea how to get this octant. I've looked through a lot of what others have said they did but I can't find anything that I can fit into it.

My phase 1s are:
Renewed promise as a leader
Voted for the first time
Joined organ donor register.

I am vegan and I go to Animal rights protests/rallies fairly often but I wouldn't really say that's challenging for me.
I've been vegan for seven years now though (started when I was 15) and that was challenging at the start so maybe that would count? Feels a bit strange to be awarded an octant for something I've already done though.

I also leafleted two elections ago which I might be able to find the dates for and I can see if it makes up to 12 hours - I assume that would fit? It was for one particular party as a volunteer.

rugbynutter

Rainbow Guider & Ranger
GuiderPlus
Were you in Guiding (as a Senior Section member) when you become vegan?

As you said, it was a challenge for you when you started - so if you were a member then, you're not really awarding it for something previously done, but think of it as having taken your time to record & reward yourself for doing it!

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Trinny

Veteran (100+ posts)
What about researching your family tree? That could take 12 hours, or 30 hours depending on how interesting you find it.

Kochanski

Veteran (100+ posts)
To develop the vegan thing - how about some research to prove you can get all the nutrition you need / convince other people it's doable / compile a recipe book to show people who are interested but not sure they could do it?

Sunny2nd

Guide and Ranger Leader
GuiderPlus
To develop the vegan thing - how about some research to prove you can get all the nutrition you need / convince other people it's doable / compile a recipe book to show people who are interested but not sure they could do it?
Also do a section on what is the difference between veganism and being vegetarian - one is a lifestyle choice whilst the other is more dietary.