• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Question? PGCE Interview

Pgce

Hello- good luck.

As has already been said make sure you know the reasons why you want to be a teacher. Also, have examples of how you have worked with children that has been benefical to them- e.g. helped a child achieve something, overcome a difficulty.

welshgirl

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
It may be worth your while reading TES on-line, or buying a copy of TES. At my interview I was asked about hot topics in teaching (at the time it was the idea that they have fewer teachers and students were taught by video link). It shows you are current with educational thought.

Monkie

Beginner (10+ posts)
Its good if you can do some background reading of the subject and teaching, but most important..

Be yourself, this is the best advice I have ever been given, If your right for teaching they will pick you :eek:)

soap_queen49

Veteran (100+ posts)
Thank you everyone - been reading loads on TES online today, and planned some answers to possible questions. Just starting to get nervous now, fingers crossed for Tuesday!

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
Good luck! Be yourself, smile, be positive, if they ask you anything to do with anything vaguely polemic, try to figure out what side they are arguing from to make you look good etc.

I'm trying to remember what I did - I can't remember but it must hvae bee the 'right' thing as I had 3 successful interviews.

Try to get in about your Guiding experience etc - always a winner!

soap_queen49

Veteran (100+ posts)
Good luck! Be yourself, smile, be positive, if they ask you anything to do with anything vaguely polemic, try to figure out what side they are arguing from to make you look good etc.

I'm trying to remember what I did - I can't remember but it must hvae bee the 'right' thing as I had 3 successful interviews.

Try to get in about your Guiding experience etc - always a winner!
I'm currently on an Education Studies Course, and I think I based my interview for that on my Guiding experiences! just got to not talk ALL about guiding !

*alli*

ooooh Im now Brownies GiC!!
why you want to do it?
what makes you think you can do it?
how you will prepare for the course- any work experience, guiding etc
why should they pick you?
what have you already wrote on ur statement as prepare another so ur not repeatin uself but actually sellin urself an addin in more of ur qualities

Primary is so competitive, make sure u have ideas of engagin students, any good lessons you've seen

lucy_jb

Veteran (100+ posts)
Glad to help! Which uni are you applying for? I did a joint degree with education studies and then a PGCE and can emphasise with the pre-interview nerves.

soap_queen49

Veteran (100+ posts)
all over now, think it went ok - they asked me about guiding so could get all the stuff in about brownies and guides :)

thanks everyone for all the help and encouragement :D

Alex xxx