• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Primary school summer fair fundraiser

beanie87

Beginner (10+ posts)
Hello all,

After doing some very lucrative fundraising in the past our Brownie Pack has been getting on fairly well. This year after paying census I realise i need to do some more before next census, whilst also needing help at running the Pack. Whilst in our division we have been advertising for help we aren't getting very far so I thought about hitting school fairs. I now have a table confirmed and was wondering what activities would stand out to make some funds, am thinking food but not sure about tealights as there are lots of very young children there. Also, having not done this before what sort of prices would you charge?

I will be getting lots of leaflets for advertising for help.

Thanks

Kochanski

Veteran (100+ posts)
Something quick, easy, and cheap, to get kids in. A prize every time is a good draw. See what the school already has planned but we have done well with glitter tattoos, lucky dips, spin the arrow, hook a duck and of course anything foody like decorating buns / biscuits. Have lots of leaflets to give out but check first "Are you already a Brownie? " to avoid inadvertently poaching.

lisawalmsley1989

Veteran (100+ posts)
Not quite an answer but is your unit registered for gift aid? I've just helped set up our local Brownie pack or it, submitted some backdated claims and they now have a rebate incoming for nearly £500 - all in the space of a couple of months!

beanie87

Beginner (10+ posts)
Thanks ladies,

Kochanski - how much would you charge for decorating biscuits? I don't want to overcharge but don't want to diddle myself either! Good thought about the inadvertently poaching!

Lisa - thank you for that suggestion, I shall have a look at the gift aid as we aren't currently doing that. I know it'll be a lot of work to set up but how easy is it to keep going year after year?

Kochanski

Veteran (100+ posts)
We work out costs and add a little on - cheaper brings in more customers. Would every existing Brownie provide a pack of biscuits and one tube of sprinkles? It honestly varies a great deal and we have ranged from free to 50p. You could take a couple of pre-prepared signs showing various prices and compare them to what stalls either side are charging. Plus, go for the long term: if you recruit a couple of girls, their subs will pull up your income over time.