• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Queen's Guide Presentation

Abi_L

Veteran (100+ posts)
I just got my invite to my national QGA presentation on 17th Nov :D

Anyone else going?

But I'm a little disappointed to see that it will be at some place in London called Two Temple Place. I thought that this usually happened at the House of Lords - am I right?

I'm off to track down a shirt.... ;)

FPG

Veteran (100+ posts)
Congrats :)

They were only held at the House of Lords for a short period (a year or 18 months). Mine was the first non-HoL one after this, and I was a bit disappointed too initially I will admit. Mine was at Goldsmith's Hall, which was a nice venue. I really enjoyed mine, it felt very special, and Gill Slocombe was really fab.

Trinny

Veteran (100+ posts)
Mine was somewhere outside Bristol - it was really disappointing not to go to the House of Lords, but it happens to a lot of people clearly.

Smartie

Mod and wearer of many hats!!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I was invited but have refused it. They messed up me getting a presentation (such that other guiders in my district who completed nearly a year after me got to have their HoL presentations), that I really didn't feel the guiding love, and fancy wasting lots of money on something that doesn't seem to be special anymore

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

alexp44

Guide Guider, Div Media Advisor + Ranger
I was invited but have refused it. They messed up me getting a presentation (such that other guiders in my district who completed nearly a year after me got to have their HoL presentations), that I really didn't feel the guiding love, and fancy wasting lots of money on something that doesn't seem to be special anymore

I got an invite too. I finished my QG in April 2011. I can't say I'm overly excited about it 3 1/2 years on! It's taken this long to get it on Go!
I also can't afford to take a Tuesday off randomly to travel to London and I have no guest to take with me.
Poor Kat who finished her's technically a week before me hasn't even had an invite this time around!
Once of our Guiders - Senry - who finished her QG this summer is going though.

shutterbug

Veteran (100+ posts)
I just wanted to send you all a hug from one QG to another, I hope you all get made a fuss of locally and your achievements celebrated, because it is a huge achievement.

And I hope that chq wake up soon and smell the coffee and go back to using a truely special venue with truely special folks to share it with you.

I will never forget my presentation back in the olden days! At Kensington Palace.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Kattikit

Regular (50+ posts)
Huge congrats on your presentation (and to all of you who've finished your QGA recently!) :D

It sounds like they hold them all over the place - mine was at St James' back in 2007. I've just googled it - Two Temple Place looks beautiful!! Even grander than St James' was.

Sunny2nd

Guide and Ranger Leader
GuiderPlus
Huge congrats on your presentation (and to all of you who've finished your QGA recently!) :D

It sounds like they hold them all over the place - mine was at St James' back in 2007. I've just googled it - Two Temple Place looks beautiful!! Even grander than St James' was.
Yes Huge Congrats all - you can take a virtual tour of the "house" if you go the website. Is very grand!

senry

Veteran (100+ posts)
I got an invite too. I finished my QG in April 2011. I can't say I'm overly excited about it 3 1/2 years on! It's taken this long to get it on Go!
I also can't afford to take a Tuesday off randomly to travel to London and I have no guest to take with me.
Poor Kat who finished her's technically a week before me hasn't even had an invite this time around!
Once of our Guiders - Senry - who finished her QG this summer is going though.
Yes I am, myself Alexp and GeordieKat, were all finally put on go in the same week, even though we all finished at different dates. Thought if we had all gone we would of been short guiders that nigth!

I was told about 3 weeks ago, I've been able to get cheep train tickets but time off works been a pian to sort.

A bit more notice would of been nice, so we could sort things!

Orly

Veteran (100+ posts)
Mine was held somewhere within walking distance of Liverpool Street, can't remember its name.

Congratulations on those who have finished. Hope you get a presentation which is special to you, wherever and with whoever it is.

FPG

Veteran (100+ posts)
My certificate hasn't been filled in. Well not all of it and not sure what needs to go on it in the blank spaces!
I'd bounce back to your county Queen's Guide Co-ordinator then. That's who filled mine in and it was then presented locally. There's not exactly a lot to fill in so it should have been filled in before it was presented to you. I wouldn't have wanted to fill my own in and would have passed it back - who wants their own handwriting on their QG certificate?

Two lines at the top, then a line at the bottom left yes? My top line is blank, second line has my full name, bottom left corner has the date in long form (eg 22 February 2014). Presumably it could also go first name on the top line, surname on the second line.

Thank you. It was dropped through my Division Comms. door blank. My name was written in normal pen by DC and she didn't know what else to write on it. I've seen a few filled in ones and they seem to differ!

KatieW

Guide Guider, Nottingham
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I've seen a photo on Facebook of someone's certificate, it has their name on the top line, unit on the line underneath and then the date.

Abi_L

Veteran (100+ posts)
Just to let you know that I had my County presentation this weekend and it was really nice to celebrate with lots of people I know and who have helped me with the Award. Looking forward to London now!

Smartie

Mod and wearer of many hats!!
Staff member
GuiderPlus
We had a county presentation this weekend too! I've had my award for too long to be invited (and I'm not a presentation fan) but those I know who went said it was great. I wonder if its the same one? Was yours at Region HQ?