• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Returning to Brownies + Recording Sheet

Jellie

Regular (50+ posts)
Hello! It's been a long time since I was last active on this forum but I'm glad to be back!
I took a break from GG for a couple of years (moved house/work/teacher training) but I have now joined up with a local unit and I'm looking forward to being an Assistant Brownie Leader next term!

In my excitement after looking through the new program resources I decided to make a paper recording sheet of my own to help track the girls progress which can then be transferred to GO. I've attached the recording sheet plus a template. Hopefully this might be useful to some and hope all are having a good summer!

Attachments

Pixielation

Brown Owl (x2)
That is really good, Jellie. I've been making something similar as a fill in chart for the whole unit to do on the night as well, as filling in a single sheet for each girl is also time consuming. But your chart is so nicely visual and really gives a feel of what each theme entails.

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
Not for me, TBH. Suspect I'd find it easier to use the unit programme together with the roll sheet to do updating monthly, rather than handwrite entries on 20-odd individual record sheets by hand before transferring it onto the computer anyway - especially since online you can click to credit an activity to all the girls in one go, then just go into individual records to take it back off the few who missed it. I'm reckoning on updating monthly at most, during termtime, which isn't that many times a year.

Foxi

Guide Guider
Hello! It's been a long time since I was last active on this forum but I'm glad to be back!
I took a break from GG for a couple of years (moved house/work/teacher training) but I have now joined up with a local unit and I'm looking forward to being an Assistant Brownie Leader next term!

In my excitement after looking through the new program resources I decided to make a paper recording sheet of my own to help track the girls progress which can then be transferred to GO. I've attached the recording sheet plus a template. Hopefully this might be useful to some and hope all are having a good summer!
I love it Jellie, thank you so much for even considering making a Guide one.

Snowflake1

Beginner (10+ posts)
Wow thank you so much! It’s very kind of you to make these. They are so beautifully presented. Don’t have WiFi at our halls so these will be very useful when they move onto the next section too for their new Leaders.

Thanks very much for this. I just wish I could do resources like this. I would not know where to start! I will use both the Brownie and Rainbow charts, and they look easy to use. Thanks once again.

Brown9

Veteran (100+ posts)
This looks great it gives the girls something they can look at and help them fill in there handbooks - we can check that leaders and girls own records match!!!

Squirrel-Nutkin

The Wicked Witch of the West (15,000+ posts)
Jellie, these are amazing. Can you send a 'copy' to ourjourney@girguiding.org.uk and see if GG would add it to the website for everyone to be able to download. Know some feel they may not need it, but I for one do feel like I do need it and will be using it and it saves me a lot of time/effort having a go at making my own version :D gives me an instant record to refer to in case of parental queries too...

Last edited: