• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Rifle Shooting for Senior Section in Bedfordshire area


Beginner (10+ posts)

So I shoot rifle and air rifle and used to shoot them for scotland (before work took over my life). The National Small Bore Rifle Association have their main office and amazing range facilities at Bisley in Surrey. You have to remember that it is not just a case of turning up and shooting. The guiding manual states that the person who is overseeing the range day (club member) must have one of these and they cannot shoot at animal or human shaped targets
  • NSRAYouth Proficiency Tutor’s Diploma
  • NSRA Range Conducting Officer qualification or higher
  • NSRA Club Instructor’s Certificate
I have the Range Conducting Officer (RCO) qualification but not everyone does.

Bedford rifle club have a website which may help and if they cannot help you they may be able to put you in contact as the shooting world is not very big.
Bedford Rifle Club

I started shooting when I was 14 and at 28 still shoot. I moved to Aberdeen for uni and chose my Uni on their shooting club as well as the course they did. As long as they understand the safety side of shooting they will have a great time and its something different for them to try.

If you need any more help let me know