• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Robin Patrol Log Book 1942-1947

raaowdot

Administrator
Staff member
Finished!!

Finished at last, at 110 pages. I hope it's been worth the effort and some of you at least will enjoy reading it. I think these books will become at least historically useful.

The last pages include a Christmas message from the Chief Guide, couple of guiding stamps and photos and inside the back cover is the music sheet for 'All Through The Night' in English and Welsh.

I've also improved the interface to make better use of the space and included a total pages variable so that you can navigate a bit better. I'll also add some sort of index. I've also gone back and uploaded some screenshots to my other posts.​

I've managed to pull out some more books which include a Rangers Scrapbook from 1977, a Scrapbook of the Diamond Jubilee in 1970, the company log book from 1949 which documents the guide hall from its opening day which 300 people turned up for and my favorite so far is a book full of postcards from the guides to the captain from June 1962 -1973 which include cards from all around the world.​

I'll probably start on the postcard book next as it has images from all over the UK where many here actually live. Although I probably won't get around to it for a few weeks as we've been very busy over the last month working on a special fundraising program which is nearly ready, but you'll have to wait another week I expect.​

whiteheather

Regular (50+ posts)
i have just spent the last half hour reading this how fantastic, i even read snippets out to my hubby (although not interested made all the right noises) what a find

Love it!

This is fascinating reading! I love the part about "Gloria Davies and another PL starting a riot" when the Guides were in their horseshoe formation... not so different from modern day Guides!

KatieW

Guide Guider, Nottingham
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Old thread I know but has anyone else had any problems with this? It seems to load the first 4 pages then nothing.... Thought it was my machine at home being slow, but I've tried it on my work machine and same.. Is the same with both the Flash & HTML versions...???

KatieW

Guide Guider, Nottingham
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Glad it's not just me - there are also problems with the Postcards and one of the others but I think I'll post that on those threads when I get the chance to try those at home.

raaowdot

Administrator
Staff member
Whoops. Looks like I missed this directory when transfering the site to the new server as I though it wasn't used.

Uploading the remaining files now! Sorry.

wings

Beginner (10+ posts)
Just wanted to bump this as I've just come across it and think it's fantastic - I'll be showing my girls when we look into the history of Guiding next term, definately!

Thanks for all the hardwork that went into it x

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
Fascinating to see what a typical Guide unit actually did from week to week - the sort of thing that doesn't make it into most history books.

Pipit

Brownie/Guide Leader
GuiderPlus
Wow....never even realised this was there! Our guides are doing Traditions badge this half term, just have to work this in somehow!!

Pipit

Brownie/Guide Leader
GuiderPlus
Is there any way to view this via iPhone or off-line via download? Don't have internet at guides other than my iphone.