• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

SG2G 2011 - Whisky Trail

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotchmi5t

Veteran (100+ posts)
To save confusion, the Aberdeen G2G is CANCELLED, I will be pm'ing a mod to ask for it to be closed.

Please use this thread for the ongoing discussion regarding a proposed Whisky Trail G2G, possibly later this year.

Please use the SG2G 2012 thread for the discussions regarding the SG2G proposed for next year in DUNDEE.

Cazbly

Darth Vader (12,500+ posts)
I would like to do this, but we will have to make sure it does not clash with my work holiday ban (which is why I think we were looking at next year).

And if we have both whisky and badges - it will be heaven :)

scotchmi5t

Veteran (100+ posts)
I don't mind organising this, as its in my area, but will need some help!

Also need an idea of dates, will have to look into it but I don't think some of the distilleries open during the winter, lot of the visitors centres probably just open for the summer months.

Rattyhorses

Asst Rainbow/Brownie/Guide leader
GuiderPlus
sound like a great idea i would like to come as well. i also dont drink (although make alot of wine) so could be a designated driver.

chopperchick

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Probably are going to be limited to when the distilleries / visitor centres are open, to be more interesting.

http://www.maltwhiskytrail.com/

That's the organised Speyside trial - but obviously there's heaps more to choose from. There was nothing ovbvious on there about opening times.

Cazbly

Darth Vader (12,500+ posts)
I do think we need to look to next Spring/Summer - Speyside would be good as it does offer plenty to go at - the map is a good starting point, there will also be the rival distilleries and I think a couple of independants (from memory) who would also welcome us :)

hicc

jim

GuiderPlus
found from people who have been on whiskey trail that if they dont have sample as they say they are driveing they get a minature to take away and there is far more in it than the samples which sounds good to me

jaquic81

Ayrshire North - Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
I don't like whisky (although always open to trying new things . . . . .) and would definately like badges to be involved!!

don't think there are many distillaries near me though (Kilmarnock) - Johnnie Walkers will be closing soon :(

but happy to help organise if I can in any way!

:)

Cap'n Gaerlick

Captain Gaerlick of 1st Gaerlick Guide
I would love to do this depending on when. I don't drink but would be happy to be designated driver - that is if Scotch and Susi have recovered from the road trip to Yorkshire and back!!!

scotchmi5t

Veteran (100+ posts)
I've been having a think (dangerous, I know!) - would it be better to make this a weekend thing rather than a day? By the time it takes us to get round all the distilleries, and having a break or two between, we might be better spreading it out a bit. I would have to find a venue though but if we are doing the Speyside Whisky Trail I'm sure I can find us somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.