• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Sharing a double airbed

LittleBrownOwl85

Beginner (10+ posts)
Hi,
Is there any rule for adult leaders sharing a double airbed?
They would have completely separate bedding - sleeping bags etc - and would probably top and tail.

Thanks!

Quack

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Not that I know of, from a purely personal point of view they would need to be good friends but honestly, two adults in a two man tent probably sleep closer..

Kochanski

Veteran (100+ posts)
It depends who they are and how they feel about it. I have shared a bed with my assistant Guider who is my mum and would be fine sharing with certain of my Guiding friends. I wouldn't feel so comfortable being *asked* or *told* to share with someone I knew less well, especially by a person assuming I would just go along with it. Having said that, at district camp, 7 leaders squished up together in an ancient ridge tent - and in the morning, one of them woke up, looked round in amazement, and asked the rest of us, "When did I get naked???"!!! You just, erm, go with these things!

Kochanski

Veteran (100+ posts)
Building on this -

Does anyone have experience of taking a Guiding party to somewhere like Flamingoland or Disney Paris? eg I know Leeds did a block booking at the former for BBB and travel companies do the latter. How many Brownies sleep in one caravan (and as they can't share beds, I assume the leaders had to?) How many share what kind of accommodation at Disney? Does it end up more expensive with the rules? Can sisters share?

Burghilly

Veteran (100+ posts)
Sharing a double air bed ? Perfect if you enjoy the sensation of being on the high seas .

I'd avoid air beds at all costs - they are cold and cumbersome. If space is limited then avoid airbeds .

MummySquirrel

Veteran (100+ posts)
[QUOTE="Kochanski, post: 1178504, member: 7635"
How many share what kind of accommodation at Disney? Does it end up more expensive with the rules? Can sisters share?[/QUOTE]

We have taken Brownies and Guides to Disneyland Paris a few times over the years, each time using one of the travel companies and staying at the Davy Crocket Ranches. We've always had one leader and 3 girls in the cabins, one year one cabin had 4 girls and 2 shared a double bed in bedroom which also had bunks in, the girls were twins so we're fine. When we first started going girls stayed in bedroom and leader in living room on a sofa bed. Last time we went cabins had been upgraded and had 2 bedrooms so leader in one en suite bedroom, girls in other bedroom with separate shower room.

ker-stee

SGP Enthusiast
GuiderPlus
Building on this -

Does anyone have experience of taking a Guiding party to somewhere like Flamingoland or Disney Paris? eg I know Leeds did a block booking at the former for BBB and travel companies do the latter. How many Brownies sleep in one caravan (and as they can't share beds, I assume the leaders had to?) How many share what kind of accommodation at Disney? Does it end up more expensive with the rules? Can sisters share?
Girlguiding North East England did a large scale event at Flamingo Land - maybe drop them an email as they offered holiday home accommodation and could tell you the ratios they had?

LittleBrownOwl85

Beginner (10+ posts)
It depends who they are and how they feel about it. I have shared a bed with my assistant Guider who is my mum and would be fine sharing with certain of my Guiding friends. I wouldn't feel so comfortable being *asked* or *told* to share with someone I knew less well, especially by a person assuming I would just go along with it. Having said that, at district camp, 7 leaders squished up together in an ancient ridge tent - and in the morning, one of them woke up, looked round in amazement, and asked the rest of us, "When did I get naked???"!!! You just, erm, go with these things!
Not to worry, no one is being forced into anything!
I just wondered if there were any rules against it as a leader didn't have an air bed but asked about sharing!