• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

SS permit and food

badgemad4

Veteran (100+ posts)
This summer I am doing my permit and I have hit a barrier with trying to work out dinner for the second night. I have already mentioned my ideas for other meals and have got feed back (such as that we want to make ice cream on the first night!).

We are going to be camping and can only use gas as there are limitations on what we can use to cook on this site. The first nights dinner is pasta and sauce. We have a vegetarian so it has to be flexible.

Thank you :)

Osprey

Veteran (100+ posts)
You could do fajitas. Only uses one pan and is very filling. Also easy to do.

Sweet and sour/ curry with rice. Doesn't need to have meat in it so would feed all of you.

badgemad4

Veteran (100+ posts)
Also whilst I am at it who can be an assessor for me? Can it be own of my leaders or another division guider?…on the CD I couldn't find it

bramblebush

Veteran (100+ posts)
your assessor is anyone you want it to be with relevant experience in camp or holiday whichever you are choosing to do. You should have met with them by now to go over things but ideally it should not be a guider you see regularly in case they are seen as biased.

Trinny

Veteran (100+ posts)
If you're doing your SS Permit, I would be tempted to make all meals vegetarian, just because there's so few of you it would certainly be easier. A channa dhal is easy and quick - recipe for 2 people I use is:
Fry 1/2 an onion with 2 cloves or 1 teaspoon of garlic until the onions go glassy.
Add a tablespoon of curry pasta and a bit of ginger, stir for 1 minute
Add a tin of chickpeas, half a tin of chopped tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of coconut milk. Simmer for 5 minutes.

badgemad4

Veteran (100+ posts)
Ooh I like your recipe Trinny! Things are made awkward by the fact that i am allergic to quorn so it has to be totally meat/ substitute free. gwill check to see what others think of curry. Most meals are meat free apart from one breakfast where there is the option of sausages.