• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Question? Today's random question

Roo2

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Hello all. I have two girls from separate families on my waiting list who are rapidly approaching Brownie age. Both sets of parents have told me that they will wait until they can go to Brownies now and bypass Rainbows all together. My question is:- If I end their role on my waiting list will their potential Brownie Leader still be able to get their details from Join us? I am reluctant to make life harder for the Brownie Leaders but both sets of parents are rubbish at responding to emails etc. What would you do?

Quack

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
I don't know if you can do this but can you refer them to the Borwnie unit waiting list ? I know that you can pass it on to another Rainbow unit but don't know if you can move sections..

Roo2

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
I know we can transfer, as that's how Brownie Leaders get girls details when they do move up after being Rainbows, the issue I see here is twofold 1) it's been incredibly difficult thus far to get any response from the parents and 2) these girls have never even been to a meeting so re not even really Rainbows, they are just on my list.

Batty Owl

Veteran (100+ posts)
I don't have anyone on my waiting list at the moment to check this on the actual GO, but on the training site if you have a child on your waiting list and click on refer to another unit, it gives the option to select, in my case, Brownies or Guides. If it is the same on the main site you should be able to transfer her to a Brownie unit by selecting Brownies at the top of the transfer map. Hope that helps.

browniebeth

Brownie Leader
Staff member
GuiderPlus
You will need a decision on which brownie list they'd like to be moved to, but you can definitely do it.

I had a wtj rainbow appear on my brownie list for the same reason, was offered a rainbow space but declined, and will now sit on our list until 2020!!

Roo2

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Thank you all for your replies, looks like I'll be trying to contact the parents again then. If they don't get back to me, do I remove the girls from my list so the parents have to go through the process again? or will the fact that they have been registered on the system before cause problems?

browniebeth

Brownie Leader
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Yes. If you delete the enquiry that's it, they start again if they decide to come back at a later date or register for a new section. It's only if they previously joined a section that the record is retained.

I wouldn't worry about it, to be honest you're already going over and beyond which is great. If they don't come back to you within the deadline you set, have no qualms about deleting the enquiry. :)