• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Travelling by Bus & Sickness

chairstanding

Veteran (100+ posts)
Best option for travel sickness.....plastic containers lined with a bin liner (small type obviously!) put about 1/2 inch cat litter in the bottom. absorbs all the liquid immediately and is designed to get rid of smells....seriously this really woks and is really cheap!!

captainkiwi

Veteran (100+ posts)
having just returned from camp and on return journey we had two pukers ... we'd just come off a rocky ferry and only a windy bus! One was sick with no warning ... cleaned her up with wipes and tissues and sat her on some newspaper (it works) and then the other had been given a large ziplock bag - she managed to puke into that. it was sealed up. Babywipes and she too was sat on newspaper for the rest of the journey and it also worked for her. So next time everyone is going to be given newspaper ... regardless! I was 1st Aider and I don't do sick so it was a challenge for me!

BlueJay13

Regular (50+ posts)
having just returned from camp and on return journey we had two pukers ... we'd just come off a rocky ferry and only a windy bus! One was sick with no warning ... cleaned her up with wipes and tissues and sat her on some newspaper (it works) and then the other had been given a large ziplock bag - she managed to puke into that. it was sealed up. Babywipes and she too was sat on newspaper for the rest of the journey and it also worked for her. So next time everyone is going to be given newspaper ... regardless! I was 1st Aider and I don't do sick so it was a challenge for me!
Yeah, no. The newspaper did nothing. What I expect happened (as someone who has had travel sickness my entire life) is that they felt better because they had already been sick. When I get travel sick (as long as I have something to be sick in) I hope it happens quickly because then I feel fine afterwards and I don't have to spend ages feeling ill beforehand.