• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Weekly Discussion: Is there a future for cloth badges

Is there a future for cloth badges? Please select up to 2 answers you feel best apply to you.

• Yes

• No

• Mixed

• Unsure

• Yes (but only for certain badges)

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

fenris

fenris
GuiderPlus
I've had parents lose the metal promise badges in the wash and ask if there is a cloth version as they just chuck the rainbow's uniform in the wash when they get home and they forgot to take the badge off.
So I think cloth badges are more practical especially on their uniforms.
Yet when Rainbows had cloth Promise badges, the Leaders campaigned vociferously over many years for them to have metal badges like the rest of the age groups, before finally winning their case. They argued that the children would understand the need to be careful with the pins, and would be ready to take charge of looking after them.

So is it a no-win situation for headquarters?

nutty_angel

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Yet when Rainbows had cloth Promise badges, the Leaders campaigned vociferously over many years for them to have metal badges like the rest of the age groups, before finally winning their case. They argued that the children would understand the need to be careful with the pins, and would be ready to take charge of looking after them.

So is it a no-win situation for headquarters?
oh I didn't know that other leaders had activley campaigned for metal badges, I always thought the cloth ones were better, I must be in the minority. oh well.

I think it might come down to being the same across the board, I can understand 'special' badges being metal, but to be taking (hopefully) lots of metal interest badges off before washing would end up with lots of lost or damaged badges.

Honestly though I think the main opinon would be the girls' and their parents as ultimaltly theyre the ones washing the uniform every week.