• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

What to use for a wash tent?

Tregi

Veteran (100+ posts)
We have had a few pennies granted, and one thing that we don't have in a purpose wash tent - we always use whatever we aren't using to sleep in!!! We have managed to sort a good range of sleeping tents now, as well as kitchen/dining, but I was thinking about a wash tent. In my head, it is standing height inside (I'm 6'2"!) with vertical(ish) sides, no groundsheet, if it has windows they have curtains, and its a light enough colour to actually see in (unlike ridge tents!) I've had a look at this ones from Decathlon tent, but it has a sewn in groundsheet - which isn't great for water!
If it could have a small pod (bedroom) that could be useful - a getting changed space for the shyer girls.

What do other people use????

Tregi

Veteran (100+ posts)
I like the idea of that - maybe 2 so one could get used as a changing space while others were washing hands/doing teeth?? would also mean I would have to take less rubbish with us (or find somewhere else to hide it!) The wash tent ends up being the space to put stuff that doesn't have a home.....

ker-stee

SGP Enthusiast
GuiderPlus
I like the idea of that - maybe 2 so one could get used as a changing space while others were washing hands/doing teeth?? would also mean I would have to take less rubbish with us (or find somewhere else to hide it!) The wash tent ends up being the space to put stuff that doesn't have a home.....
OR could you invest in a couple of cheap pop ups for changing in? You could fold them away during the day to save space?

Quack

Veteran (100+ posts)
Staff member
GuiderPlus
Would maybe be tempted to get something like a coleman shelter with the walls. For a slightly higher investment you could use it as a wash tent ( maybe improvise an internal divide) but would be useful as a store tent, shelter or for other events too. There are lots of varieties available and different makes too.

They may not withstand gales but I've yet to find a wash tent that does either...

Tregi

Veteran (100+ posts)
we are going to test run a utility type tent that we have - big enough for 2 bowls on a table, and a small amount of storage for wash bags, and see how it does this weekend (MegaMoot). If it works, we may look at getting 1 or 2 more, which gives us the flexibilty of numbers changing, and space on jamborees.

Thanks Quack/Ker-stee - any one else got any other ideas/things they do????