• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Question? Who can sign off the YLQ??

boothchloelouise

Beginner (10+ posts)
I am a little confused over who can sign off the Young Leader Qualification as I have seen somewhere that my Senior Section leader/adviser can sign it all off. Is this true???

However, We have also been told that our Division Commissioner must sign it off.

As I said I'm not sure, and neither is my leaders we just wanted to be sure make sure its all done by the book. :D

Another thing is, is there a minimum amount of time that you must spend on the qualification?

Thanks Chloe a.k.a. Baby Tawny owl xxxxx

akl

Veteran (100+ posts)
I haven't actually had any direct experience of the YLQ but I'm sure that anyone can sign things off for you - unit leader where you are volunteering, SS leader, mentor, girls in the unit, commissioners etc

I guess it takes as long as it takes for you to adequately cover everything you need to - I don't think there is a minimum number of hours you need to spend on it :)

bess342

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Think anyone can sign most clauses but they are supposed to have a meeting with the DC at end to sign off last bit.

LittleMe88

Veteran (100+ posts)
GuiderPlus
Think anyone can sign most clauses but they are supposed to have a meeting with the DC at end to sign off last bit.
I would say the same. We had this discussion at the Senior Section training I ran at the weekend and it is written in either the new record book or the accompanying online documents.

browniebeth

Brownie Leader
Staff member
GuiderPlus
The certificate is signed by someone at district or division depending on your area, so although like the LQ anyone can sign things off, it is verified higher up, as the badges are restricted.

From the online resource (link on the TSS website here )

"When you have finished
Once you think you have finished check everything through with your supporter. Your local Commissioner will then sign off your record book to verify you have achieved the qualification, and she will arrange for your badge and certificate to be presented to you."

No minimum time, but you have to have finished it before you turn 18. It all counts towards the LQ though, so if you go onto do that, you'll have almost half of that qualification under your belt (2/3s if you only do 1-3). :)