• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Wow

Cathii

Veteran (100+ posts)
Someone is really willing to pay that much?! Does anyone on here have any of these for sale?

[EBAY="Guider"]270569334626[/EBAY]

Hey, someone should get in touch with Hampshire and find out how much it really costs!
They are £6.50 for the whole set which is very reasonable! You have to register though. My daughter and her friends want to do it but have had no success in registering yet, sent an email to Hampshire West but it bounced! Might have to try again.

Pompey_Ranger

Veteran (100+ posts)
That is one of my lots :D

I registered for the challenge through a very helpful Guider on this forum and have my set of badges that way.

Then a Guiding friend registered me again - and I didn't need 2 sets of the badges! lol - so she said to sell them for my fundraising :)

I am amazed at the price they have reached though! :D

I registered for the challenge through a very helpful Guider on this forum and have my set of badges that way.

Then a Guiding friend registered me again - and I didn't need 2 sets of the badges! lol - so she said to sell them for my fundraising :)

My daughter is still having problems registering as the emails keep bouncing. Are you able to let us know who the Guider was and would she be prepared to take any more registrations? I think there may be a total of three of them altogether but can check on this. Many thanks.

fluffy_owl25

Veteran (100+ posts)
I registered online and got sent an automated email. I have replied to that and it hasn't bounced back yet... I'm posting the registration form tonight with payment..

jennthedeadfunkyranger

Guide Guider
GuiderPlus
After seeing that, I'm highly tempted to send off for another set and put mine on ebay for my Morocco fundraising. I've just ordered a set of badges, a similar sort of thing but smaller, and have ordered 2 spare sets for that reason, so lets see what happens with them! The ones I've ordered I've not seen on ebay yet.

Smudge

The Doctor (5000+ posts)

Wow at this rate - ebay will practically pay for your trip to botswana :)

Pompey_Ranger

Veteran (100+ posts)
After seeing that, I'm highly tempted to send off for another set and put mine on ebay for my Morocco fundraising. I've just ordered a set of badges, a similar sort of thing but smaller, and have ordered 2 spare sets for that reason, so lets see what happens with them! The ones I've ordered I've not seen on ebay yet.
Go for it! It is definately worth doing! :D

Wow at this rate - ebay will practically pay for your trip to botswana :)
I transfered £150 a few days ago from ebay to be paid to Botswana (when it clears in the bank) so is definately making a huge dent! :D

miss-dancey-pants

Veteran (100+ posts)
I have not been interested in collecting centenary challenge badges but this looks good and I like the challenges - I have not set one yet so I think I will do this as my challenge and will look good on my blanket

Question - how on earth am I going to be able to sew it on?

x

Last edited:

Marie

Guide Guider
Do you have to be SS then? Can't a Leader of another section do it?
When I looked at the site there was a Brownie pack registered to do the challenge. I understand that originally it was intended to be a SS challenge, but there was so much intereest from leaders and other sections they've decided to open it up to anyone.

I downloaded the details of the challenge and the registration form from Girlguiding Hampshire West's website (http://jigsaw.hampshirewest100.org.uk/) and just sent the form off with my cheque (it's a combined registration/badge order form). They want you to tell them what you do for each of your challenges but I'm not sure how enforceable that will be.

I'm just waiting for my badges and registration number, then I can register my first couple of completed challenges.