• Welcome Guest to the new look forum. For more information refer to this thread

Question? YL and Look Wider

Smiley

Guide & SS Guider, Div Guide Advisor
I've got a new YL who loves her badges and awards, and doesn't want to miss out because she can't make ss meetings. So I am going to try and help her complete her Look Wider, YLQ and finish her commonwealth within our guide unit.

One question, Can she use activities done with guides, if new to her, for look wider? Such as craft activities, Community action activities or outdoor pursuits.

Also, can she use activities done on camp for look wider if she is using the camp for commonwealth?

annecordelia

Regular (50+ posts)
I think that it's fine for her to use activities that she does at Guides, and things she does in her spare time is fine too. The only rule on that front is that it can't be done during school/work time. You also can't count the same thing for more than one occtant, so she may want to consider if she wants to use her Guide time for small phase one activites, or if she wants to use her YL time for the leadership occtant.

Good luck to her, I know it's tough for girls who can't make SS meetings.

RMT

Guide Leader
GuiderPlus
You also can't count the same thing for more than one occtant, so she may want to consider if she wants to use her Guide time for small phase one activites, or if she wants to use her YL time for the leadership occtant.
sorry just reread the learning, just think its not worded very well.

Last edited:

Smiley

Guide & SS Guider, Div Guide Advisor
I'm a SS leader just never had a YL that doesn't attend the SS unit before. Don't want her to miss out, she is such an amazing girl. She's been my Brownie and Guide. Tonight she came to her last meeting as a Guide with big bunches of flowers for us leaders. It's not like she's leaving.

I've ordered her SS cd and her new promise badge today.

Lydia!

Veteran (100+ posts)
Just wanted to say congrats for being a flexible leader. Actions like this mean that we retain girls in Guiding and maybe one day she'll become a leader too!

Also, encourage her to attend Senior Section events as well, like Innovate, Peer education training, INTOPS etc...